Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Renaissance wax --- what do you think?

Article about: Hey guys! I have been out of the site these days because I had some tests and I was studing for then. Today I bought the Renaissence wax. It's used in metals, leather, porcelain (I think), a

ZeraAmalek,

I am a curator of a US Military museum. We have approximately 7,500 artifacts that range from pre Columbus artifacts of the indigenous peoples that lived in North America to items from our current operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. We use Renaissance Wax for a multitude of artifacts to conserve and preserve.

Without getting into all the technical museum whys and why nots in layman's terms..

Renaissance Wax is a microcrystalline wax polish that creates a protective barrier or coating that helps excludes moisture and oxygen from metal surfaces, it also helps preclude the introduction of contaminating elements by handling. The wax can be used to protect metals such as silver, brass, copper, on wood, classic and vintage cars, marble, granite and on smooth leather such as saddles and belts. One of the most important factors of this particular brand of conservation wax is that it contains polyethylene waxes. Some of the other brands of microcrystalline waxes that are intended for conservation do not contain these. The microcrystalline wax used in renaissance wax is refined from crude oil. The earlier conservation waxes that were used to conserve and preserve such as beeswax and carnauba wax contained acids or over time when they broke down became acidic... So in the museum field we are constantly finding better ways to conserve..

Hope this helps..

Smitty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Renaissance wax --- what do you think?
    P
    Many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3