Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)

Article about: Hey. Here's the very summed up process of restoring a Finnish issued Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet. The first picture shows the condition I got it; paint in really bad condition and sanded dow

Default A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)

Hey.

Here's the very summed up process of restoring a Finnish issued Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet.

The first picture shows the condition I got it; paint in really bad condition and sanded down to bare metal in some areas. Also the rim in front was bent.

The second picture shows the result after sanding and spray painting the first layer.

From there on I proceeded to brush paint it. Inside it goes around the liner as crudely as normal for these Finnish ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)   A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)  

A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)   A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)  

A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)   A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A restored Austro-Hungarian M17 helmet (Finnish issued)
    P
    Many