Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tips on removing a paint layer

Article about: Hello everyone, Today I aquired my most recent purchase; this mid-war produced Dutch m34 Verblifa helmet. The leather isnt dry but very worn although I think it gives it good character. This

?

Default Tips on removing a paint layer

Hello everyone,

Today I aquired my most recent purchase; this mid-war produced Dutch m34 Verblifa helmet. The leather isnt dry but very worn although I think it gives it good character.

This helmet was used by the LBD (Luchtbeschermingsdienst; not the ones that shot at planes, rather the ones that cleaned up after them). It was a voluntary service in which even jewish people joined even though it was a service under the authority of the Luftschutzwarnzentrale in the Netherlands during ww2. This ofcourse was before the deportations of the Jews. After the war (most likely) the BB (BurgerBescherming - Dutch Civil Defence) used this helmet and painted it in their standard color; white.

Now as you can see theres a lot to tell about this helmet just from looking at it. The main attraction of it was the small raised part of the helmet under the paint that says ''LB Blok 18b'' (Lucht Bescherming Block 18b).

My question is, is there any way for me to carefully remove the top, white layer to reveal what is below. Prefferably using no aggressive substances?

Tips on removing a paint layerTips on removing a paint layerTips on removing a paint layerTips on removing a paint layer

Regards,
    Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tips on removing a paint layer
    P
    Many