Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Visor fix

Article about: Evening Guys, I've been looking for nice Heer Signals EM/NCO visor for quite a while and found this beautiful contract hat and unfortunatly it's not marked. It looks mint and I can't find on

Default Visor fix

Evening Guys, I've been looking for nice Heer Signals EM/NCO visor for quite a while and found this beautiful contract hat and unfortunatly it's not maVisor fixVisor fixVisor fixVisor fixVisor fixVisor fixVisor fixVisor fixrked. It looks mint and I can't find one moth nip anywhere. The only problem is it has quite a few stitches tore out. Can someone please tell me how to fix this, or if there is someone here in the states that can fix it? If not I already bought curved needles and am trying to find some original thread to try and do it myself, I've been reading all the old posts on four forums on this subject.

Thank You, Bill.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor fix
    P
    Many

I could stitch it, done it twice. But I live in Finland. Here is my advice.

Raid your wife/whoever haberdashery box.

Try to find grey thin thread (hat color grey) and needle small enoug to fit trhough holes twice with trhead on existing holes.
    The holes are quite frequent, so you can skip every 2-3 holes. If done stronger, you can fill the remaining holes when return-stitching back.

When stitching, sometimes it can get too thick spot to for needle to get trhough so I use tongs often to help get trhough.

When trying to make trhead outside invisible, dont make 1-3 centimeter jumps like in backside, but 1 millimeter and return to same or nearby pre-made hole. This is quite un-noticeable.
    Last edited by Verikauha; 07-11-2023 at 10:28 PM.

Thank You Verikauha, I'll give it a try, now I'll have something to do on Saturday
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.