Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What liner for type B, Brody helmet?

Article about: Hello, I have acquired a shell and am interested in getting the correct liner for it as I like to have complete items in my collection. Obviously if indeed it is a type B the liner is long g

?

Question What liner for type B, Brody helmet?

Hello, I have acquired a shell and am interested in getting the correct liner for it as I like to have complete items in my collection. Obviously if indeed it is a type B the liner is long gone but it has the split rivets, the narrow brim, the raw edge and is stamped HV and it looks like 438 below it.
    Anyway, I understand the rubber ring came later in the war and have read that early British shells has suspensions systems similar to the Adrian. The only ones around seem to be Prairie Flower, if I fitted a British suspensions minus the ring do you think I would be miles away from a feasible setup for this helmet orginally?
    Also, is there such a thing as a colour photo of a brand new type B Brody? If I am going to do the liner I may as well try for a match on the original colour. I see plenty pictures with 80% rust and a few flecks of colour but would love to see one as it was issued.

Thanks in advance
    Poccur

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What liner for type B, Brody helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up Re: What liner for type B, Brody helmet?

No replies huh? Possibly there is no hard and fast answer? I went with the prairie flower liner in the end. I tried the color but am unhappy with the result. I will strip it and respray then hopefully post some pics for review/critique/abuse etc
    By the way, I really like the quality of the prairie flower liner if you have not bought one before, this newby recommends it..
    Cheers
    Poccur

?

You can find the proper information for your helmet replacement liner here.

Military History Workshop

I hope this helps you out.