Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged

Article about: Another of my favourites Nickel DLV/RLB Buckle. Leather maker Curt Vogel - Cottbus stamped on the tab. Dated 1935. Would love to finally end the mystery! Is it DLV or RLB? That is the questi

?

Default DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged

Another of my favourites

Nickel DLV/RLB Buckle. Leather maker Curt Vogel - Cottbus stamped on the tab. Dated 1935.

Would love to finally end the mystery! Is it DLV or RLB? That is the question often raised!!

DLV/RLB Buckle - Down WingedDLV/RLB Buckle - Down WingedDLV/RLB Buckle - Down WingedDLV/RLB Buckle - Down WingedDLV/RLB Buckle - Down WingedDLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged
    P
    Many

I think you and a lot of people who merged into who? there are some good threads to read on this if you search, Wim Saris gave out some good info if I recall correctly?
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I think you and a lot of people who merged into who? there are some good threads to read on this if you search, Wim Saris gave out some good info if I recall correctly?
    Thanks Ben, yes I will have a search for that..

?

I have always thought that these were so similar it is difficult to discern them from which branch..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged   DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged  

DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged   DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I have always thought that these were so similar it is difficult to discern them from which branch..
    Interesting G when you compare..

?

Quote by sarahs View Post
    Interesting G when you compare..
    Yes, and they have the same stock / catalog number..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Hello,
    In my opinions, the wings are only a manufacturer variant.
    The DLV joined(1935?)in the Luftwaffe and with the Leather tab the buckle is a early Luftwaffen buckle ...
    Without leather tab before 1935? = DLV, after 1935 without leather tab = RLB 1st model....1938 =RLB 2nd.pattern

Regards
    The kabl

P. S. Nice buckle!

?

I have seen photos of both RLB and DLV wearing both style of eagles. Only a small percentage of these buckles can be found with leather tab. Any of these with a tab is most likely DLV.

?

Really nice DLV/RLB buckle with the leather maker tab, like the 1935 crank-catch Luftwaffe buckles. Here is my Paulmann & Crone example in nice condition. Sarahs, nice to see another Luft buckle collector here!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged   DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged  

DLV/RLB Buckle - Down Winged  

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    I have seen photos of both RLB and DLV wearing both style of eagles. Only a small percentage of these buckles can be found with leather tab. Any of these with a tab is most likely DLV.
    Thanks for sharing this Kirby. Interesting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast