Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet T-34s I have photographed around Europe

Article about: ...and a couple of KV's Nick

Default Soviet T-34s I have photographed around Europe

...and a couple of KV's

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet T-34s I have photographed around Europe   Soviet T-34s I have photographed around Europe  

Soviet T-34s I have photographed around Europe  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

There is a non T-34 among the pictures!

Quote by Narcis View Post
    There is a non T-34 among the pictures!
    Note what I wrote above the photos

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great images of an iconic and very prolific machine Nick

I recognise turret number 300 from the Soviet Memorial in Tiergarten Berlin.

I always thought it a little contrived that the other of the pair is number 200

When there was still a Soviet guard present they used to go totally nuts if anyone went anywhere near them. So much so that the Berlin-Wachpolizei had to have a presence there to keep tourists etc away.

I recall one night a drugged up idiot driving a car up the steps The Soviet guards threatened him with bayonets and broke his arm. Wonder how drunken teenagers urinating on war memorials in this country might feel about that

Anyway, that's another topic!

Thanks for the tanks

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I think that guy was lucky they didn't break his neck!

Nick

No, I still need to visit that museum

I'll look out the pic's of the T34/85 that I obtained in Bosnia in 92 and shipped back to UK if I can. I believe it is in Bovington now.