Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle

Article about: Hello to all! Been a bit of a slow night and a long time since I ve posted in the buckles section. My most recent pickup a early HJ brass (mini SA) buckle. One I ve wanted for a long time an

Default Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle

Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckleLatest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckleLatest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckleLatest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckleLatest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle

Hello to all! Been a bit of a slow night, and a long time since I ve posted in the buckles section. My most recent pickup a early HJ brass (NSDAP Jugend) buckle. One I ve wanted for a long time and ran across it at the right moment. The rear roller bar is pretty corroded, and to me it looks like someone colored in the area around the swaz? but otherwise a nice little buckle. Couldn't help to photograph it with the family it s two bigger brothers and stepbrother. Any comments as always welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance and kindest regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle
    P
    Many

Why HJ, Brian? From what do you conclude that?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Why HJ, Brian? From what do you conclude that?
    Hello Wim. I was just always under the impression these smaller variants were intended to be used as a youth buckle/HJ buckle? Or at least that's how they are typically described here in previous threads; and are included with the smaller various sympathizers buckles as youth buckles. This maybe an incorrect attribute passed along from the previous generations of collectors, and has been accepted as fact, and labeled as such there afterwards. But to be honest looking at it, it is much smaller than a standard SA buckle and seems undersized for an adult man. Thinking about it I ve never seen a period picture of an HJ member wearing these buckles with their official uniform brownshirts, kerchiefs, buckles, armband, caps, knives etc. So I assume they were youth buckles worn at a time prior to the official formation of the Hitler Jugend as a TR organization? I look forward to your explanation, as you always keep us on the correct path of enlightenment. BTW your contribution to the previous Fahrtenmesser thread was extremely educational, so I m sure your explanation will be informative. As always your shared knowledge on any subject, would be a welcome contribution to my continued understanding. Kindest regards. And thanks for all the help.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 07-23-2017 at 12:15 AM.

I thought I saw a full size buckle. I did not pay enough attention.
    That may have been my confusion.

I was lead to believe the smaller 35mm buckles were an SA variant!....

Wim I photograhed it with my two other SA buckles, and a SA center roundel that had been separated from it's box at some time, mostly for size comparison. So in your opinion is it correct to call these smaller versions HJ buckles or NSDAP youth buckles? Just curious. Thanks again Wim!

Brian

Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckleLatest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle

For further clarification. Credit-description and image from John R Angolia Belt Buckles and Brocades. Kindest Regards.

P.S. Thanks again Wim and Gunny.

Brian

?

These are quite small... This is a different variant and just for others to comprehend the size.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle   Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle  

Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle   Latest addition early Hitler Jugend brass buckle  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for the assist G. It really highlights the size to scale. I m equally impressed that people can still afford to smoke, lol! Best regards.

Brian

I have no time at this moment, but I have a leaflet from Berg & Nolte about this
    smaller type (I thought) and how it was described. I may have shown it before
    in the one or the other post or thread.
    The date 1920 in Angolia is not correct and possibly must be not earlier then
    1929/1930. It all has to do with the introduction of the SA buckle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast