Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mobile Swastika

Article about: Hi guys have found this on a local dealer site(NZ) and I think it. Found on in thread Mobile SA David posted num 14 that looks very similar. As can be seen there looks to be a lot of surface

?

Default Mobile Swastika

Hi guys have found this on a local dealer site(NZ) and I think it. Found on in thread Mobile SA David posted num 14 that looks very similar. As can be seen there looks to be a lot of surface rust on the front. Before i consider purchasing do you think it would be possible to safely clean said rust off? Without devaluing or damaging buckle. Also to prevent further deterioration. Await your thoughts and as always thanks for your time and thoughts. Mobile SwastikaMobile SwastikaMobile Swastika

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mobile Swastika
    P
    Many

Its down the personal taste, do you like the buckle? If you do and you know its original why care what anyone else thinks? As for value it sells what it sells for, too many guys are far more concerned as to what its worth rather than the historical value or importance in a collection. Just my thoughts on your question
    Ben

?

Thumbs up

Hi Ben I do like the buckle. And as can be seen by some that I have brought certainly not all if any are mint. Value not a major concern as it will be my kids who will sell them one day. Im more intrested in preserving the buckle and would it be possible to remove the rust. I like shiny things 🙂

?

The buckle looks great as it is. Do what you want but most collectors leave them as is. I passed on a orange handled hammed scabbard KM dagger a few years ago. A dealer I know bought a bunch of dagger from a guy and he had polished the hell out of them. He would have sold them quicker and made more if he had left them alone.

?

Thanks a lot Kirby. And definitely get what your saying.