Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New SA

Article about: Hi guys home from sea 80days! Plenty of time for presents to arrive!

?

Default New SA

Hi guys home from sea 80days! Plenty of time for presents to arrive! New SANew SANew SA
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SA   New SA  

New SA   New SA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SA
    P
    Many

Nice brass sunwheel.
    Overhoff?

?

Very nice. I always like the ones with larger eagles?

Dear Allan,

An attractive SA buckle that you have shown, however I wonder, is it die stamped solid brass? Perhaps instead die stamped steel with a brass or brass type coating or finish?

For me, some digital images when viewed on a monitor can be so infuriating inaccurate at times, however a simple "magnet test" will answer the question.

The buckle may have been manufactured by Overhoff und Cie., Lüdenscheid, although the style of the eagle and furthermore minor variations to this distinctive style was in my opinion, not exclusive to O & C. The "same" buckle as yours with a mobile swastika is quite common, to include those marked as having been manufactured by Overhoff und Cie. I cannot ever recall seeing a sun wheel swastika buckle with this style of eagle (as yours), with markings indicating that it was manufactured by O & C, or anybody else for that matter. They surely do exist though.

Regards and best wishes,

David