Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Nskk Belt Buckle

Article about: New in my collection this nickel plated steel NSKK buckle marked KH 24 ( Friedrich Linden) I have never see another from this maker

Default Nskk Belt Buckle

New in my collection this nickel plated steel NSKK buckle marked KH 24 ( Friedrich Linden) I have never see another from this maker

Nskk Belt Buckle

Nskk Belt Buckle

Nskk Belt Buckle

Nskk Belt Buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk Belt Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk Belt Buckle
    P
    Many

Hi.
    Very nice buckle.

Very nice Ivan and nicely marked I dont recall seeing marked one to be honest
    Ben

?

Great addition to your collection. Another confusing code. RZM and KH codes. I believe RZM 24 is Overhoff and after they dropped the KH codes Linden became RZM 45.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk Belt Buckle   Nskk Belt Buckle  

?

Great Friedrich Linden buckles both. Kirby, the evolution of RZM markings was the other way round: The first marking was "RZM 45" and used on metal items of all kinds for which the company held a permit. As the system evolved, this original number was assigned to metal badges for those manufacturers who were authorised to make them, and here became MA 45, and subsequently, as of April 1935, M1/45. New numbers had to be assigned for the other sub-categories, and Linden was assined KH 24 (later M4/24) for buckles.

?

Thanks for the information. Time to pull out the reference books and study the different codes. I have 17 marked SA /NSKK buckles and none of them are KH marked. I have a couple of UE marked SA /NSKK. I have a few early HJ buckles that are KH marked and RZM marked and trademarked all on the same buckle.

MA (Metall Abzeichen or Metall Ausrüstung) and number = number is the same as RZM code M1, example - MA 45 = M1/45 Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid

KH (Koppelschloss Hersteller) and number = number is the same as RZM code M4, example - KH 28 = M4/28 Paulmann & Crone, Lüdenscheid

UE (Uniformen Effekten) and number = number is the same as RZM code M5, example - UE 72 = M5/72 Paul Cramer & Co., Lüdenscheid

RZM maker and number = number is the same as RZM code M1, example - RZM 17 = M1/17 F. W. Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid

?

Very well explained, Steiner77. I had omitted the UE/M5 designation from my earlier post. UE is short for Uniformeffekten (uniform accoutrements), e. g. shoulder belt clips, double-claw buckles etc. It is not that unusual to find box buckles marked UE. There seem too many of these around from a number of manufacturers for multiple honest mistakes to appear plausible. Plus, it is easy to subsume Koppelschloss (box belt buckle) under Uniformeffekten. This leads me to believe that belt buckles in box form were initially also covered by UE, and the separate KH category (Koppelschloss-Hersteller) only introduced at a later date. But I would like to stress this is just conjecture on my part, as there is no proof for it in the published RZM sources.

?

Thank for your explanation and examples. Some RZM codes did get changed. I have a UE 8 static swastika SA . I believe that is Assmann. The same buckle is found with RZM 17. I was bidding on one a few days ago.