Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Buckle

Article about: Good evening friends, After being very busy with work, now some time for the hobby again. I hope the last months have been good to you all. I found this SA buckle on a seller’s website and

?

Quote by David North View Post
    An interesting SA buckle which has started this thread

Hi David, nice to hear from you !

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

I will continue to compare it with other buckles, maybe it leads to something.

Kind regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckle
    P
    Many

Great thread guys, the maker discussion leads is to this old thread;
    RZM 33----- the mystery
    So for me this is probably a JD von Hagen buckle

?

I also read and reread your thread on your STABIL SA buckle, that Jeff linked earlier.

The roundel, and more specifically the Swastika, on the buckle of this thread seem exactly the same as the Stabil one of your buckle and the JDEHA buckle of yellow12.
    The same asymmetric Swastika legs, the same differences in the spaces between them…

Now I was in the same hunt for more links and information about JDEHA, JD v Hagen, Stabil and Walther&Co as you guys before me, and thought I found interesting things only to find out that everything I ‘discovered’ was already on the forum

?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Great thread guys, the maker discussion leads is to this old thread;
    RZM 33----- the mystery
    So for me this is probably a JD von Hagen buckle
    The ears and prongs on the examples in the RZM33 thread much like this buckle. Wim Saris also liked the addition of the SA example for comparative reasons (sure do miss his incredible knowledge and input) . Good recall on that older thread Kenny.

Yes. Those ears haves its very own profile.
    I also miss Wim, and HPL and of course FB

?

Hereby some pics of the buckle. It arrived this morning. I did my best to make the pics as good as possible with an Ipad and tried to focus on the details like the ears and roundel and especially the Swastika.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckle   SA Buckle  

SA Buckle   SA Buckle  

SA Buckle  

Goededag Joost. Very good pics and nice buckle. It seems like the STABIL marked buckles I have seen has the same design but with a little less detail. So maybe that maker got the roundels when the die was worn out.

Here in Davids thread at post 5 we can see a one piece Buckle with same design!
    Two rare S.A.'s with DRGM "steel backs".

?

That is a beauty and your pics are better than the sellers pics. I used an Iphone 10 max plus to take all my website pics. You did good. Love the phots and buckle.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Goededag Joost
    God dag Kenny, thank you.

David’s buckles in the link indeed seem to have the same design. Very interesting and to me inviting to search more on this.

Were there any conclusions made on the forum in the pas on this ? I read threads about the hypothetical RZM33 link and discussions about Stabil and JDvH etcetera… but I arrived years later than most here so probably missed the most of it, if not even the clue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2