Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK

Article about: Hello friends, Hereby my latest addition to the collection, a nickel pebbled SA buckle with mobile Swastika. I wanted to ask lots of questions before having it and after it arrived, about di

?

Default SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK

Hello friends,

Hereby my latest addition to the collection, a nickel pebbled SA buckle with mobile Swastika.

I wanted to ask lots of questions before having it and after it arrived, about differences between silver nickel, brass with nickel roundel and all over brass toned buckles and their origins within the SA and NSKK… but I dug into the deepest caverns of buckle knowledge on the forum myself to see what I could find out first.

I read Mr Saris’ “origins of the SA buckle” over and over again, and dozens of interesting reactions and posts from all enthusiasts.
    Interesting were discussions between Mr Saris and Mr North about the history of silver toned SA buckles and hypotheses that the silver ones actually might NOT have been NSKK buckles at all but commercial or uniform related variations, and that silver SA buckles might even have been early SS buckles as the SS were of course part of the SA and no pictures of SS with brass buckles seemed to exist, also not before they adapted their Meine Ehre heisst Treue motto and buckles.

A treasure of information to which I have nothing to add, my knowledge on the subject doesn’t even come close to their in a lifetime acquired knowledge. But it is interesting to keep on searching and reading.

Sorry for the exceptionally long text… got a little over enthusiastic on the subject

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK   SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK
    P
    Many

?

I have always liked the pebbled buckles. Most of the older references books say these are NSFK but I don’t know of any photographic evidence. There is one photo of a NSKK motor school member wearing a pebbled buckle. I am on board with all the brass buckles being SA and silver buckles are for SA members with silver buttons on their uniforms and for NSKK member. Here is all the variations I had come across. I have two like yours but with different catches. One of these is aluminum and the marked example has a light green painted finish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK   SA buckle (NSKK) unmarked Mobile HK  

?

Quote by Seafox View Post
    Hello friends,

Hereby my latest addition to the collection, a nickel pebbled SA buckle with mobile Swastika.

I wanted to ask lots of questions before having it and after it arrived, about differences between silver nickel, brass with nickel roundel and all over brass toned buckles and their origins within the SA and NSKK… but I dug into the deepest caverns of buckle knowledge on the forum myself to see what I could find out first.

I read Mr Saris’ “origins of the SA buckle” over and over again, and dozens of interesting reactions and posts from all enthusiasts.
    Interesting were discussions between Mr Saris and Mr North about the history of silver toned SA buckles and hypotheses that the silver ones actually might NOT have been NSKK buckles at all but commercial or uniform related variations, and that silver SA buckles might even have been early SS buckles as the SS were of course part of the SA and no pictures of SS with brass buckles seemed to exist, also not before they adapted their Meine Ehre heisst Treue motto and buckles.

A treasure of information to which I have nothing to add, my knowledge on the subject doesn’t even come close to their in a lifetime acquired knowledge. But it is interesting to keep on searching and reading.

Sorry for the exceptionally long text… got a little over enthusiastic on the subject

Kind regards
    Hi Joost -Very nice pebbled SA buckle (NSKK). As you found in your research, and as Kirby mentions here, these buckles can be rather controversial etc. Lot's of information, evidence, lack of evidence and opinions. SA, NSKK or NSFK

Here is my pebbled example that is maker marked, and that really gets interesting. I see some of these buckles like mine where the maker mark has been removed, ground off. Regards - Jeff

NSKK - NSFK Maker Undecided
    Last edited by weller; 02-22-2022 at 05:50 AM.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Here is all the variations I had come across.
    Great set of variations without a doubt. I didn’t even know there were also aluminium and Sonnenrad versions. They are very nice!

?

Quote by weller View Post
    these buckles can be rather controversial etc.

Here is my pebbled example that is maker marked
    Absolutely controversial and confusing Jeff. Thanks for the link to your example, really a nice one. Interesting reaction also from Wilhelm about the lack of evidence of the buckle linking the Waisenhaus use of these buckles to the NSKK. I had not come across this reaction in my search yet.

"Interesting were discussions between Mr Saris and Mr North about the history of silver toned SA buckles and hypotheses that the silver ones actually might NOT have been NSKK buckles at all but commercial or uniform related variations, and that silver SA buckles might even have been early SS buckles as the SS were of course part of the SA and no pictures of SS with brass buckles seemed to exist, also not before they adapted their Meine Ehre heisst Treue motto and buckles"

I had an in depth dialogue with Wim ref this looking at the archive German records. I asked if the straight wing SA buckles were early SS buckles (thats a thought that had been put around) Wim said that was not the case. Just my opinion but the early SS prob wore standard SA buckles prior to the official SS buckles being authorised and SS buckles issued.
    Ben

?

Your point of view actually sounds quite logical to me Ben, thanks.

?

There are photos of early SS men wearing SA style buckles. A remember one photo of a SS man with the straight wing. I believe the buckles would be the silver colored buckles.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    There are photos of early SS men wearing SA style buckles. A remember one photo of a SS man with the straight wing. I believe the buckles would be the silver colored buckles.
    I wanted to ask this. Interesting! Thank you. If you or anyone else knows this or similar pictures I would love to see them.