Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA buckles

Article about: Good evening all, Two SA buckles I recently added to my collection. SA buckles as a separate field of collecting was completely new to me but after two weeks of reading through threads and l

?

Default SA buckles

Good evening all,

Two SA buckles I recently added to my collection.

SA buckles as a separate field of collecting was completely new to me but after two weeks of reading through threads and lots of posts on the forum and received information on sellers that I wouldn’t have found in a decade myself (thank you David and Jeff!), and reading about the SA organisation in general, I must admit that it is highly attractive... and addictive...

The (Waffen) SS has always been one of my interests and to be honest I didn’t really care about the SA but reading and learning how the SA absorbed Kriegervereine, Jungmännerbünde, and little local political leagues and how their structure influenced Germany then, I wonder why I always neglected the very interesting history of the SA.

Anyway, below are the two buckles I bought separately. A type 1 stamped brass non-magnetic, and a type 3 stamped brass, also non-magnetic.

I am sorry if I have bored you with my comprehensive collecting and interests reflections.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckles   SA buckles  

SA buckles   SA buckles  

SA buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA buckles
    P
    Many

Very nice to see and I love that burning interest of yours.

My buckles are in a box since I moved last year. I Will get that box from the cellar and put them in my little Office.

Keep up the good Work and happy Midsummer (it is a big thing here)

?

Thank you Wewelsburg !

Happy midsummer to you too. Tonight isn’t it ? I hope you have a good time with family and friends.

Nice to see that traditions are still a thing in Sweden.

Greetings from the country formerly known as the Netherlands were traditions are becoming truly rare.

?

Hi Joost - two very nice SA buckles you have added to your growing collection. Glad I could help you out with some dealer sites. David, Markus and a few others are good at determining the maker on unstamped buckles. Hope we can ID these.

Jeff

?

Hi Jeff, thanks again, it’s really appreciated!

The type 1 Sonnenrad arrived earlier and I was comparing it to buckles posted on the forum. I saw a lot of similarities with Overhoff buckles. The shape of the eagle’s head, the thickness of the sonnenrad’s legs and the overall look... But regarding my knowledge on this matter at this moment I could also declare it to have similarities with a spaceshuttle so don’t take my nonsense all too serious.

Kind regards

?

A couple of nice additions. One of my favorite organizations. You can get a very nice collection of SA buckles for the price of a few SS buckles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckles  

Thank you Joost. Yes it is tonight. I like Holland so sorry typ hear that but is the same here...

I have visited The Netherlands a couple of times. I enjoy your soccer and electronic music.

Ok here we go, My bet is on Overhoff and Berg & Nolte.

But another maker has similar Eagle to Overhoff.

/ Kenny

?

Thanks Kirby. Very nice collection !

If I may ask, what maker is the middle one in the second row ? The eagle and its head look totally different than most others or am I wrong ?

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckles  

?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Thank you Joost. Yes it is tonight. I like Holland so sorry typ hear that but is the same here...

I have visited The Netherlands a couple of times. I enjoy your soccer and electronic music.

Ok here we go, My bet is on Overhoff and Berg & Nolte.

But another maker has similar Eagle to Overhoff.

/ Kenny

Thank you Kenny. Let’s see what others say too.

I have visited Sweden, for work and not leisure unfortunately, but I think your country is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, if not in the world.

Enjoy tonight and keep the traditions alive !

?

Quote by Seafox View Post
    Hi Jeff, thanks again, it’s really appreciated!

The type 1 Sonnenrad arrived earlier and I was comparing it to buckles posted on the forum. I saw a lot of similarities with Overhoff buckles. The shape of the eagle’s head, the thickness of the sonnenrad’s legs and the overall look... But regarding my knowledge on this matter at this moment I could also declare it to have similarities with a spaceshuttle so don’t take my nonsense all too serious.

Kind regards
    Joost - I also think the first buckle, Sonnenrad, is likely a Overhoff & Cie.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast