Default Re: SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika

I see here some great buckles !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika
    P
    Many

Another example of the "Dog Head" SA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika  

My latest...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika  

New SA addition with extended beak and possibly by Overhoff.

SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika  

Latest addition...

I have just purchased a WWII SA brass buckle and would like to know more information about it. I am not a collector of these items and don't know much about them. I just have one photo of the front of the buckle and will be receiving it later this week and will post photos of the back of it as soon as I get it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika  

Hi, Chris and welcome to the forum

I like the looks of your SA but of course a photo of the reverse is needed for most anyone to confirm it's good. The roundel design with it's eagle and sunwheel swastika would appear a match to mine posted most recently. Do you know if the buckle is 2-piece construction like mine or of the 1-piece type as shown on the bottom in post #20?

This buckle would have been worn with a uniform with brass buttons as opposed to the so-called "NSKK" nickel SA's that would have been worn with silver buttons. To my knowledge the sunwheel type swastika is not an necessarily an "early" variety but rather a design variation made to appeal to the individual SA member.

Hope that helps and I'm sure some of the other members will chime in here. This particular thread tends to serve more for reference than discussion and so also posting in the general buckles section when you receive the buckle and have additional photos may generate more responses. I look forward to seeing your photos when it arrives!

Best,
    Adam
    Last edited by aechols83; 02-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks, for the reply. I'll post on the general buckles thread with more pics when I receive the buckle.
    Chris

1-piece example by Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid

New addition... A probable early SA with an unusual and perhaps seldom seen design.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast