Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Sunwheel buckle

Article about: Hi! Can you help me with this belt buckle? Two pieces brass construction with sunwheel design. Thank you!

Question SA Sunwheel buckle

Hi!
    Can you help me with this belt buckle?
    Two pieces brass construction with sunwheel design.
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sunwheel buckle   SA Sunwheel buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sunwheel buckle
    P
    Many

?

Hello ! I believe David North is the go to on these types of buckles, perhaps he will chime in.. here is a link # 19, not an exact match..

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-buckles-nskk-nsfk/
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello!
    Thanks, I've already reviewed the database.

Dear Alex and Gwar,

In my opinion, a fake SA buckle.

If anyone would like a subjective reasoning towards my opinion, just let me know.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

David, If I were a betting man I would say the single hole with the bent back points and solder is one give away.. JMO..

Quote by Gwar View Post
    ...if I were a betting man I would say the single hole with the bent back points and solder is one give away...
    Dear Gwar,

When compared to the traditional and dare I say run of the mill SA buckle, indeed a giveaway.

Travelling at the moment and please indulge me by allowing a little time for a better and fuller response.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Alex and Gwar,

In my opinion, a fake SA buckle.

If anyone would like a subjective reasoning towards my opinion, just let me know.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Thank you!
    I had a bad feeling about the prong bar.
    Can all parts be copies?

[QUOTE=Can all parts be copies?[/QUOTE]

IMHO if one part is bad the rest are suspect and would not matter to me past the one part.
    John

Variations of this fake SA have unfortunately been with us for quite a long time, however it is perhaps more accurate to refer to it as a fantasy, rather than a fake.

The design of the roundel has taken inspiration from one produced by Steinhauer u. Lück and whilst close in detail, it is not exactly the same.

It would appear that the fantasy roundel has been produced in isolation and then over time, been attached to a bewildering variety of fake brass boxes. All sorts of affixing devices have been employed and similarly so in relation to the pins, pin shrouds and claws.

There is the documentation of period buckles which have their roundels or emblems affixed to the box by drop solder on a split pin, however and thank goodness, they are in the majority somewhat different to that on the buckle which started this thread.

Attached are images of three fantasy SA buckles, each (I think) displaying the same roundel as the buckle which started the thread, however with an eclectic mixture of how the roundel is attached to the boxes. Not forgetting of course the assortment of pins, pin shrouds and claws.

I think that if this fantasy roundel is artificially distressed and then carefully attached to an original “two solder point” brass box, then it will present a convincing SA buckle. In addition, this fantasy roundel has an “ugly sister”. Essentially the same eagle however with a mobile swastika and where the background to the roundel shows a very light pebbling effect.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

As always David, thanks for the detailed and informative reply !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast