Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Sos sa

Article about: Picked this up at the SOS. Not as hard to find as the one piece but nice to have both.

?

Default Sos sa

Picked this up at the SOS. Not as hard to find as the one piece but nice to have both.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sos sa   Sos sa  

Sos sa   Sos sa  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sos sa
    P
    Many

Nice find Kirby
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Kirby,

Quote by kirby View Post
    ...Not as hard to find as the one piece but...
    I agree, however this style of SA buckle as either a single piece stamping or having a separate roundel, is jolly difficult to find.

It is in my opinion not the most rare of the so called horizontal wing SA buckles and the "other" style has been shown on the Forum. If anyone would like to see this quite odd SA buckle again, then just let me know.

Anyway and for the buckle being shown here, a super SA and attached are images of the nickle silver on brass version that I hold.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Great Stuff...

?

Hello David. Missed a nickel over brass on EStand a few years. There was another two piece at the SOS with a copy of a photos showing a early SS man wearing the buckle. He was giving a story these were the first SS buckles. He was asking $1295. He will probably still have that one at the 2030 SOS. The buckle in the photo was probably the nickel over brass.

All the best

Hello Kirby,

This buckle design and especially those as nickle silver on brass are and in my opinion, both rare and interesting. There have always been those who have attempted to over promote the buckle and there is nothing wrong with that I suppose. For myself, it is simply an SA buckle by Overhoff & Cie. which and for potentially interesting reasons, had an extremely limited production and distribution.

You were not alone when you bemoaned the fact that a few years ago, you missed a nickle silver on brass example. I remember this buckle well and it enjoyed the heady combination of being rare, in near mint condition and grossly under priced. Attached are images of the said buckle and it is quite simply the best example of the type that I have ever seen.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Probably the same buckle. Someone got very lucky getting that one. I would have been happy paying 3x the selling price.

Quote by kirby View Post
    …probably the same buckle…
    Definitely the same buckle Kirby and as for the price, crikey! A super rare SA buckle and in fantastic condition.

Regards and best wishes,

David