Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Swastika Buckle

Article about: A friend picked this up at the OVMS show. Bad photos but I like the buckle. First time I recall seeing a all silver example. Most examples are brass with a nickel rounder.

?

Default Swastika Buckle

A friend picked this up at the OVMS show. Bad photos but I like the buckle. First time I recall seeing a all silver example. Most examples are brass with a nickel roundel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika Buckle   Swastika Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika Buckle
    P
    Many

Hello Kirby,

Quote by kirby View Post
    ...first time I recall seeing an all silver example. Most examples are brass with a nickel roundel...
    It really does not matter one jot, however you did actually post an "all silver" version back in 2013:-

Swastika buckle

I for one would prefer to see more detailed and sharp images of your friends buckle, as there are some blurry features which are still of slight concern to myself. Perhaps not to others though. This design of buckle has and over the years been discussed extensively within the Forum and where some quite spectacular examples have been shown. My recommendation that it is well worth trying to overcome the truly shocking search facility on the Forum and seek out these buckles.

It was once thought that this was an exclusively mid 1920's produced Assmann buckle, although there are known other manufacturers. The rectangular boxes are documented in various metal types and not just brass and also, the roundel where examples are known with the swastika as upright or mobile, are again known in differing finishes and not exclusively nickle silver.

Goodness knows who wore this buckle, although I do not think that it was designed specifically for NSDAP sympathisers. Perhaps instead, any "right wing" organisation, group or whatever.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hello David Thanks for the input. I might have Garry bring it the the SOS in July. He text me these lousy photos. I have never come across one of these but hopefully I can add one to the collection. Didn’t you have one of these with the roundel attached at an angle so the swastika was tilted?
    I picked up a nice nickel SA/NSKK RZM 24 and another variation nickel Assmann HJ. I need the post them. Hopefully I will come across a few buckles I need at the SOS.

Hello Kirby,

I suspected that the images came from Garry! Seriously, a potentially interesting buckle and as such, high detailed images are a must. Fingers crossed that you may obtain them.

I still have the buckle that you mention and have attached two images.

RZM 24 is a marking which I have a "soft spot" for.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

That is the buckle I remembered. A very interesting buckle that brought to mind the NSBO buckle that seems to have angled roundel. The NSBO has a full wreath with no distinctive top or bottom. All the best.
    Kirby