Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alles fur Deutschland typeface

Article about: I have been researching the "Alles fur Deutschland" motto typeface. Its a Fraktur typeface of which there is numerous variants. I have found some that are very close but there is a

Default Alles fur Deutschland typeface

I have been researching the "Alles fur Deutschland" motto typeface.
    Its a Fraktur typeface of which there is numerous variants. I have found some that are
    very close but there is always a difference in the capped D, and lower case f and s.
    I was told by a German typography expert that it was made just for the daggers and was not
    a standard available typeface at the time.
    It seems to be a combination of different Fraktur letters used.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alles fur Deutschland typeface
    P
    Many

?

Correct. I did the same thing years ago and concluded the same. Basic Fraktur structure, but mixed types.

Thanks Dave

I think ive found it, few subtle differences in some letters

Default Typeface used on SA & SS daggers

After a fair bit of searching ive found the typeface used for SA & SS daggers.
    Its 99% correct with a few minor subtle changes to some letters.
    Developed in 1913-1914 it was released in 1917.Alles fur Deutschland typeface

?

Several years ago, I studied this issue. Here's what I found out. On standard SA and SS daggers, the Maximalian-Gotisch (or simply Maximilian) font was used. Rudolf Koch (1876–1934), in 1913–1914, developed this typeface and named it in honor of Emperor Maximilian I (1459–1519). The typeface was published in 1917 by the type foundry Gebr. Klingspor.
    Since there were no computers at that time, artists made slight deviations when drawing fonts. Therefore, the fonts on the blades and the computer photos are slightly different.

Alles fur Deutschland typefaceAlles fur Deutschland typefaceAlles fur Deutschland typefaceAlles fur Deutschland typeface

The designer also made another variation of his font in memory of his brother - Wilhelm Klingspor Gotisch. Work on it was carried out from 1920 to 1926, in memory of his brother Karl Klingspor, who died in 1925, the typeface was published as Wilhelm Klingspor Gothic

Alles fur Deutschland typeface

Both fonts are very similar and can be the basis for fonts on daggers. We are unlikely to know which one without additional research.

What's much more difficult is finding the font base for the Christmas Daggers.

Yes thats the one