Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with SA Dagger

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on authenticity of my SA dagger please. As always, many thanks in advance.

Default Assistance with SA Dagger

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on authenticity of my SA dagger please. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with SA Dagger   Assistance with SA Dagger  

Assistance with SA Dagger   Assistance with SA Dagger  

Last edited by Bencejones; 06-11-2022 at 04:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Looks to be original, but it is parts dagger, it did not leave from factory like that.
    Scabbard look like it been repainted post war, or it can be also light of the photo what fool me. Also scabbard is the wrong way around, hanger should be on the right side of the viewer.

What is the maker?
    -TJ-

Your eyes are correct Finn in regards to the scabbard being post war..it has that sprayed pepper look to it.

The flash from the camera hides alot of the detail..but from what i can see it is period authentic...but not sure if it belongs all together.

A photo of a logo or RZM number if any will determine what production period it is from....please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Back in the early 80's I owned this ( no longer so this is a photo of a photo, sorry )
    We never knew about "parts daggers" or the like and with no internet just accepted what we had as all genuine.

Assistance with SA Dagger

I will never know about mine ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dan, from that photo I would say you had nice all genuine transitional or RZM example

But of course always with good photos can say for sure.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Dan, from that photo I would say you had nice all genuine transitional or RZM example

But of course always with good photos can say for sure.
    I bought it for $200 in 1982 and sold it for $500 in 1988 and thought I made a fortune!!!
    Silly me.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

here are my 2 cents:
    Replaced grip, redone scabbard paint, other then that no real issues.
    The lower guard to grip is way off, that can only be explained by a replaced grip, not by wood shrinking, the curve is way off.

Ger

Dear Gentlemen, please find added a picture of the only maker mark I could locate on the blade or scabbard. However, I did locate some initials ???? Letters on the reverse hand guard. I hope this helps and thank you all for the input. Cheers Keith

Paul Seilheimer is the producer ...is around a number 7 out of 10 in rarity ...( The blade itself )

The SA Gruppe "Wf" (Westfalia ) is correct as well for the crossguard.
    Now that we know that the blade is early along with the early Gruppe mark...the grip does not belong due to the horrible fit that shows the grip shoulders largely higher than what should meet the top of the lower guard.

I agree as well with Gerrit and Finns observations as this dagger is postwar applied Authentic period fittings.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill