Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authenticity of SA dagger

Article about: Hello and thanks in advance for your time. Ive been searching for a sa dagger and narrowed it down to a few. My 1st choice is this gebr becker which seems to be in nice shape. My concern is

Default Authenticity of SA dagger

Hello and thanks in advance for your time. Ive been searching for a sa dagger and narrowed it down to a few. My 1st choice is this gebr becker which seems to be in nice shape. My concern is the crossgaurd is marked with the gruppe "no" which doesn't appear on the cross reference list here on the sticky. I looked on the internet and did find another Becker with this same marking which sold at auction a few years back. They are not the same dagger. Coincidence? I'm wondering if this dagger was just pieced together. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I am new to this and thanks again.
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authenticity of SA dagger   Authenticity of SA dagger  

Authenticity of SA dagger   Authenticity of SA dagger  

Authenticity of SA dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity of SA dagger
    P
    Many

Good looking SA. I like how that grip fit to the crossguards.
    Looks like somebody try to pick out that grip eagle, but luckily stop to do it after first try.

That SA Gruppe marks reference is not perfect, sometimes pop up SA's with gruppe marks what is not on that list.

Thank you Finngaill. Yes the gruppe mark was my main concern, I guess it makes sense that the different mark could be legit. Good eye about the little gouge by the eagle too, I didn't catch that.

Fine sa dagger with correct gau mark.. No was used by this hersteller.

Thank you for the confirmation Lt. Col Ullergaard. I could not find anything else to confirm this. Much appreciated!