Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bought a dagger with an interesting suspension

Article about: Hi to all . I recently bought a dagger with an interesting suspension, the owner of the dagger says that this suspension was with this dagger, I found information about this suspension (it i

?

Default bought a dagger with an interesting suspension

Hi to all . I recently bought a dagger with an interesting suspension, the owner of the dagger says that this suspension was with this dagger, I found information about this suspension (it is a shoulder suspension for a dagger), but I have no idea how to wear a dagger with this suspension, maybe someone has a photo.
    How it was worn before. thank you . sorry for my English (I'm writing through a translator)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bought a dagger with an interesting suspension   bought a dagger with an interesting suspension  

bought a dagger with an interesting suspension   bought a dagger with an interesting suspension  

bought a dagger with an interesting suspension   bought a dagger with an interesting suspension  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bought a dagger with an interesting suspension
    P
    Many

?

What is the length of the suspension?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

RZM Marking on the carabiner is fake IMO. "M/5/71/9". It should be "M5/71/9".

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    +1

That RZM marking is not correct.
    There was no dash between M and 5
    The third, last number was always two digit and denoted the year of production (9 would mean then 1909, which is impossible)

And if it would be original, this item would be just a „simple“ cross strap, which was attached to the belt, but had nothing to do with the dagger.

?

I think your "suspension" is an over-the-shoulder strap as seen herebought a dagger with an interesting suspensionbought a dagger with an interesting suspension

- - ------- - -

Ooops

?

47 centimeters

Quote by Gwar View Post
    What is the length of the suspension?

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    everything can be. there is logic in your words, although the suspension looks old, I found several items with similar marks on the Internet (one on the website of a Canadian dealer)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bought a dagger with an interesting suspension   bought a dagger with an interesting suspension  

bought a dagger with an interesting suspension  

?

these photo I’m found at internet

?

Quote by Dave H View Post
    I think your "suspension" is an over-the-shoulder strap as seen herebought a dagger with an interesting suspensionbought a dagger with an interesting suspension

- - ------- - -

Ooops
    oh thanks for your post, i think so too

I have no doubts that this strap is authentic...and heres why

Thankyou Messia for the updated photo in length showing 47cm / 18,5 inches....quite short for a shoulder harness for an adult let alone a child.

RZM/5/71/9

The first slash may be uncommon to see...but so are SS RZM numbers that have a dot between the M and 7 ( M.7/67 )
    Not all M5 permits had this slash...but only a few as well as the dots seen inbetween M7s

Ther end number 9 is not a year date as Ivbaust has noted but its a supplement permit number that Overhoff & Cie used on 2 of their 3 M5 permits they were issued.

There were 2 supplement categories
    One was for Karbiner hooks and the other for Party Administration buttons

The category for this permit had 17 listed producers for this type of permit and Overhoff was # 9
    It makes sense due to the 43 cm lenght that this strap would of been attached to a rifle and not long enough for a cross strap for a duty belt ...and surely nothing to do with a dagger.

the # 9 is a supplement permit for HJ / DJ Carbiner hooks

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast