Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Zander SA dagger

Article about: Hi gents, I did it again After an site update email from Thomas Wittmann I found this mint Carl Zander SA Dagger and couldn't let it pass. So bellow here the description and some photo's. An

?

Default Carl Zander SA dagger

Hi gents,

I did it again After an site update email from Thomas Wittmann I found this mint Carl Zander SA Dagger and couldn't let it pass. So bellow here the description and some photo's.

And Larry here another one for your SA Gruppe mark list! This one Nhr Niederrhein is not in the list yet.

Carl Zander SA Daggers rate a 10 on the McSARR rarity list with a production of less than 1000 daggers (only the early type) will making them the rarest of the rare. The crossguard and mounts have a nice, even tone throughout, and the tang nut does not look to have ever been off. The lower guard is Gruppe marked “Nrh” the Niederrhein Gruppe is not seen so often on Carl Zander SA Daggers. The medium contour brown grip of this dagger remains in perfect condition, fitting the guards like a glove. The SA runes button retains perfect original enamel, and the nickel "High Neck" grip eagle remains crisply detailed throughout. The scabbard shell is also a real beauty. It remains perfectly straight and has a darker, more purplish anodized finish that remains 100% intact. This anodizing does not look to ever had any lacquer applied to it. The scabbard mounts, including the lower ball, remain in perfect condition, and the four original screws are in place an unturned. The blade is completely mint and retains 100% of the original crossgrain. The SA motto is deeply etched and the frosting in the letters remains totally intact. The reverse ricasso is marked with the great trademark of the Zander Company a circle with the name and location of the firm wrapped about the circumference, all enclosing a stylized "Z" the word "Kwick" appearing in the broad stroke of the letter. The blade shoulders perfectly meet the lower crossguard contour. An extremely rare, uncleaned and untouched desirable SA Dagger in the choicest possible condition.

Regards,

Ron

Carl Zander SA dagger Carl Zander SA dagger Carl Zander SA dagger

Carl Zander SA dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Zander SA dagger
    P
    Many

?

A great dagger, no question about that

Not only is it a #10 in rarity..but also at the very last entry of the McSaar list.
    I saw this one listed and is a winner when I saw it.
    Congrats Ron

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Congrats Ron. Lovely addition as always. You will soon have enough daggers to start your own brigade!

Best,
    -Scotty.

?

Absolute cracker Ron

Scarce maker, great logo, top condition, what more could you ask for

?

Hi Ron,

I am also from Harlingen, NL. Very big chance that we know eachother. Good to see a familiar face most likely

?

woooww, very prety dagger , congrats!

Congratulations on scoring such a perfect and rare example. I heard the cross guards are solid nickel on the early daggers if I am correct. Thanks for sharing such a great example.

Dos
    ?

You keep on getting very nice daggers. Well done! Nicely photographed aswell.

?

Thanks gents!
    @ Mauser; Yes the crossguards are nickelsilver, the whole hilt is more robust than for example an Eickhorn.
    @ Dos; Making good pictures from an dagger is always a struggle. I asked a friend of mine how to do and it's going better and better.

Ron