Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CD Schaaff

Article about: Hi all, Just like Georgi im also looking on an upcoming auction. This CD Schaaf ( Perfectum ) caught my attention, but it has no Gau mark; Maybe Possible factory ground rohm? by the looks al

Post CD Schaaff

Hi all,

Just like Georgi im also looking on an upcoming auction.

This CD Schaaf ( Perfectum ) caught my attention, but it has no Gau mark;

CD SchaaffCD Schaaff
    CD SchaaffCD Schaaff
    CD SchaaffCD Schaaff

Maybe Possible factory ground rohm? by the looks all nickel fittings.

your thoughts?

Regards,

Rookie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CD Schaaff
    P
    Many

?

Looks good. Many of the rarer makers are found without Gau marks.

And, to my knowledge, CD Schaaf did not make Rohm inscription daggers.

Dave

C.D. Schaaf did not make Rohm daggers. The lack of a Gruppe mark is curious but wouldn't prevent me from purchasing it. There is no good photo of the obverse lower guard to see if a stamp appears there, but I'm sure this auction house would recognize a flipped guard. C.D. Schaaf is not Perfectum... that is E. Spitzer. The Schaaf is a 10 on the McSAAR, Perfectum is a 9.

Sorry Dave... was typing when you were apparenty...

So far i can see,

no GAU stamp on the other guard aswell.

CD Schaaff
    CD Schaaff
    CD Schaaff
    so dont be to worried about no GAU stamp?

Regards,

Rookie

?

Is it just me or are the scabbards painted?

Quote by RookieSA View Post
    So far i can see,

no GAU stamp on the other guard aswell.

so dont be to worried about no GAU stamp?

Regards,

Rookie
    Rookie... I'm talking about the obverse side of the lower crossguard. Can't see it in the pics...

den70... good observation. Can't see much about the scabbard at all. Of course, if it's painted I wouldn't touch it...

Some of the photos are too pixelated to determine if the scabbard is painted or not..and I would agree also with Skyline..I would not purchase it unless clearer photos can be afforded from the auction house.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks all, tried to enlarge some photo's;

CD SchaaffCD Schaaff
    CD SchaaffCD Schaaff
    CD Schaaff

Regards,

Rookie

?

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    C.D. Schaaf did not make Rohm daggers. The lack of a Gruppe mark is curious but wouldn't prevent me from purchasing it. There is no good photo of the obverse lower guard to see if a stamp appears there, but I'm sure this auction house would recognize a flipped guard. C.D. Schaaf is not Perfectum... that is E. Spitzer. The Schaaf is a 10 on the McSAAR, Perfectum is a 9.

Sorry Dave... was typing when you were apparenty...
    Well on page 294 of Ralf Siegerts SA Dienstdolche Reference work C.D. Schaaf is also listed as Perfektum

Although not as Spitzer named in its logo, its Schaaf that also is known for its " Perfektum "

Cheers
    Ger
    CD Schaaff

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well on page 294 of Ralf Siegerts SA Dienstdolche Reference work C.D. Schaaf is also listed as Perfektum

Although not as Spitzer named in its logo, its Schaaf that also is known for its " Perfektum "

Cheers
    Ger
    CD Schaaff
    Hi Gerrit

Fellow Dutchie

Also read it in my Ralf Siegert book,

i found this; The owners were listed as C. D. Schaaff and Ewald Spitzer. E. Spitzer, who owned "Ewald Spitzer Perfectum-Stahlwarenfabrik," reasonably brought his "Perfectum" brand name into the partnership, as it can be seen on their advertisements and products.

so i assume this is an C.D.Schaaf ( Alex Schaaf was the owner of trademark Perfectum in early 30s. )

the scabbard shows some blushing maybe in clear coat or factory re-painted. ( its kinda hard to tell for me )

maybe later given out earlier variant just right before RZM took control?

Regards,

Rookie
    Last edited by RookieSA; 02-05-2024 at 10:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast