Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Christmas SA Daggers

Article about: Hello all, as part of a project I am working on I ask for your assistance in identifying all known SA Christmas daggers out there--including the so called "small a" as well as full

Default Christmas SA Daggers

Hello all, as part of a project I am working on I ask for your assistance in identifying all known SA Christmas daggers out there--including the so called "small a" as well as full on SA prototypes. Photos and known examples appreciated!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Christmas SA Daggers
    P
    Many

Hi TK ...I will dig up some photos to add to this thread

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!!

?

I think that Larry and other colleagues would not mind if I duplicate my post from WA. Since, probably, not all participants in this forum have registration there.

I`ve been compiling a base of “Christmas” daggers for several years and the officers who were awarded with it, as well as any information related to early awards. In my opinion, all SA “Christmas” daggers can be divided into 3 types according to the following criteria.
    Type 1.1.Daggers produced by Eickhorn with an early eagle in the grip and an early logo.
    Type 1.2. Daggers produced by Eickhorn with a standard grip eagle and a big oval type logo. There can be distinguished both SA and also NSKK daggers.
    Type 2.1. Daggers produced by Pack. They can be found not only with an early grip eagle.
    Of course, there are more differences between the types, the above mentioned are the most significant and clearly defined ones.
    Over the past 10 years the following number of these daggers is known to me -
    Type 1.1 up to 5 daggers.
    Type 1.2 more than 10 daggers.
    Type 2.1 approximately 10 daggers.
    Definitely, I did not have an opportunity to inspect all the preserved daggers, and my opinion is based only on the information that I could find on the Internet or that I saw on various shows or in the collections of my friends. It also should be mentioned that due to the quality of the photographs some daggers could be mistaken for different objects, since they do not have numbers and any judgments can be made only based on auxiliary features. You must understand that the originality not of all daggers can be determined by photographs. Therefore, this amount is very approximate.
    In addition to the daggers themselves with the help of documents and photographs and information from my colleagues I managed to identify 40 officers of the SA and SS, and about 10 more individuals who could possess it. Of course, this is not a full list and it can vary in number and in persons.
    I have my own theory as for these rare daggers, why there were so many, and considering a short production period there is such a variety of types. Since the information is not complete I am not ready to share it for the present moment. I hope you understand me.

I think together we can learn more.

Christmas SA Daggers

Christmas SA Daggers

I know it's older thread but I have found one SA dagger listed as Christmas one recenty. No gonna lie I really like this one. But I didn't find much information about Christmas SA daggers.
    This one should be the prototype version based on the first type eagle in the grip.
    I hope this post will help us learn more about it, if we have anyone here who can shed some light on the subject

Christmas SA DaggersChristmas SA DaggersChristmas SA Daggers
    Christmas SA DaggersChristmas SA DaggersChristmas SA Daggers
    Christmas SA DaggersChristmas SA Daggers
    Christmas SA DaggersChristmas SA Daggers

For me forum member den70 is the one who has the most expertise. That said the dagger in this newest posting, I'm sorry to have to say has way, way, way, too many "issues" for it to be considered a legitimate period SA "Christmas" dagger. Best Regards Fred

Any jeweler could of engraved those guards. Where is the provenance ?

Just another cheap attempt using a very affordable SA dagger and turning it into a 50K diamond.
    I am seeing the same things Fred sees . Junk
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Next time I might take the trouble to translate the German from the photo first. The expertise is provided by Ralf Siegert. He mentions a handle that looks like it's from a Christmas dagger, it may have been replaced, not sure, but the rest looks fine.
    The seller just took that part and wrote "Honor (Christmas) dagger" and in grip specification stated "It's Christmas dagger style"

I'm just confused about what flaws you two have found now that Siegert states that the dagger engraving looks authentic based on the pieces he has in his database.

I really need more books

Quote by Drambejz View Post
    Next time I might take the trouble to translate the German from the photo first. The expertise is provided by Ralf Siegert. He mentions a handle that looks like it's from a Christmas dagger, it may have been replaced, not sure, but the rest looks fine.
    The seller just took that part and wrote "Honor (Christmas) dagger" and in grip specification stated "It's Christmas dagger style"

I'm just confused about what flaws you two have found now that Siegert states that the dagger engraving looks authentic based on the pieces he has in his database.

I really need more books
    Two of the "low hanging fruit" flaws are already posted above. 1) A different maker. 2) Plain crossguards (no ornamentation). The dagger posted here added afterwards, and not factory mass produced. Best Regards, Fred

?

Mike for your info:
    Ralf Siegert his expertises are not always correct (money issue).

I never heard or seen that this maker produced Xmass daggers.

Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast