Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cleaning dull oxidised blade

Article about: This might be a sacrilegious question, but does anyone have any thoughts on cleaning a dagger blade? I’m not talking rag and simple green, I’m talking gently buffing on a bench buffer. T

Default Cleaning dull oxidised blade

This might be a sacrilegious question, but does anyone have any thoughts on cleaning a dagger blade? I’m not talking rag and simple green, I’m talking gently buffing on a bench buffer. Thanks volks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cleaning dull oxidised blade
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Could I ask why? What type of dagger? Any Photos.

Have you considered products like SimiChrome
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No photos, no dagger either. I have a couple of sa and ss. I’ve seen a few with nice handles , blades were poor. Just a thought. I was thinking of buying one and trying to spiff it up for personal enjoyment only.

MAP
    ?

I think the answer you will get is a resounding "NO" for most people.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Panzernutter View Post
    No photos, no dagger either. I have a couple of sa and ss. I’ve seen a few with nice handles , blades were poor. Just a thought. I was thinking of buying one and trying to spiff it up for personal enjoyment only.
    Unless you have a lot of experience in this kind of thing, I would 2nd Michael's comment, NO.
    You will not be happy with it, neither will anyone else, if you try to sell it in the future.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree Michael and Ralph. If blade were poor, then it is best to leave it like it is and not make it more worse. Unless you have skills to do it, even you would have, I would say it is best to leave blades as they are.

All what I do to my blades is just gently Simichrome and Renaissance wax.
    -TJ-

Dont do it ...spiffing it up will further devalue and also remove original manufacturing process history.

Simichrome would be the extent of cleaning it up as Michael pointed out.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill