MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Comments please on this Rohm dagger

Article about: Gentlemen, I have a friend who is a Korean War Veteran who asked me about this dagger. He came to own it in the 70’s when he was a policeman. He answered a call for drunk and disorderly. Whe

Default Comments please on this Rohm dagger

Gentlemen,
    I have a friend who is a Korean War Veteran who asked me about this dagger. He came to own it in the 70’s when he was a policeman. He answered a call for drunk and disorderly. When he got there he thought he diffused the situation and had everyone calmed down. Soooo he made the mistake of turning him back for a moment and felt a sharp pain in his side. When he turned around he saw that the bad guy had stabbed him with this dagger. But, the bad guy forgot to remove the scabbard first. There by transferring ownership of said dagger. My friend want to give this to his Daughter and I offered to get some opinions from the forum so I can put that info with the dagger for her. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks
    Burt

Comments please on this Rohm daggerComments please on this Rohm daggerComments please on this Rohm daggerComments please on this Rohm daggerComments please on this Rohm daggerComments please on this Rohm dagger
    Last edited by milmuseum; 06-30-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Wrong ID

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Comments please on this Rohm dagger
    P
    Many

?

Burt what makes you think this is a Rohm dagger. It looks like a transitional SA to me

I will be the first to say I know nothing about daggers except what I have found here. That's why I'm asking for comments I for some reason thought that's what they were called.

Thanks
    Burt

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Burt what makes you think this is a Rohm dagger. It looks like a transitional SA to me
    I would agree with this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Burt,
    Even though Rohm was the leader of the SA the term Rohm dagger is when It has or had this inscription on the back of the Blade.
    "In Cordial Friendship, Ernst Rohm" written in German of course. Other than that they are called SA daggers.

I like how you said it transferred ownership. My cousin was a member of the Philadelphia Police Dept. When I was younger he showed me his collection of knives that he took ownership of. My jaw dropped. He must of had over 500 knives in his desk draw.

Semper Fi
    Phil

It's a Transitional era production SA made by the still operating and desirable Puma of Solingen company. The condition is not the finest, but considering that it came out of the person's Back....it's acceptable! It will make for a nice gift for his daughter. It even has part of a hanger with it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks to every one so far for your comments. Pardon my lack of knowledge but is the transitional period 38-39 era?

Burt

Nothing is exact, but the 38-39 era would pretty much cover the Transitional era.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Burt your friends daughter is getting a nice gift

The production of Rohm Inscription daggers ceased in 1934 after the Removal of Rohm on the grounds of treason.

That being said...many Rohm blades had been returned to the factories for professional removal and reissued. The possibility exists that early blades with transitional markings are in collections..and many would not know of it unless under close scrutiny of the reverse side of the blade for a " grind wave " left on the spine. Other than that..most reused early Blades are undetectable.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-01-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast