Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct?

Article about: This was supposedly picked up "straight from the vet's son", and doesn't look to me like it's been taken apart a dozen times etc... The Ns Gau seems to be correct for this dagger f

Quote by Larboard View Post
    This dagger was shot down right from the start in this thread. I feel this dagger, with vet provenance I'm still researching, deserves better than to have a few pics posted in a thread everybody is done looking it, and it may be a while before I have the time to take and post new pics.
    All the more reason to post them here and prove these posters wrong. IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct?
    P
    Many

The dagger named Carl Heidelburg in this thread ..to which the blade seems to be the only reproach because of over cleaning..yet still retains some crossgrainng...is still An early SA Dagger with all fitting consistent to the time period. Mostly what is Mint about this dagger is that the history is all there..and makes for a good starter piece for the new collector.

Later in the future when funds abound..you move to the next level of collecting, with either a mintier conditioned SA or an SS dagger. Over all for the Newbie..this dagger is still collectible..rating at McSaar 5.

The dagger is lacking in the blade somewhat..but "Better to have Hogs Breath..than NO Breath at all " . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

All the more reason to post them here and prove these posters wrong.
    I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong.

I just thought the dagger and vet provenance deserved a separate thread when I get pics I'm satisfied with. I had about a ten minute window to take a few snaps at lunchtime and the blade is hard to shoot without a decent studio room, which I don't have. I really wanted to post pics that did the dagger justice. Too much lighting and the blade doesn't show enough detail, not enough lighting and the blade doesn't show enough detail. It turns out the three iPhone shots he sent me after I requested more pics are pretty descriptive of the crossgraining.

Here's a few so so shots, first one is of the dagger hanging by the cord of a E. German field compass, seems to hang correctly, so that was a good start ;-) Again, I doubt these shots (or the dagger) are going to blow anybody away with oohs and aahs... but maybe that's enough for this thing. It's just a newbie SA dagger, like Larry says the history is still there and these early daggers were really quite something compared to the transitionals and late ones.

According to an older thread on the forum, Ade I think it was said they only made 4000 of these, and there's probably not too many left in existence today. The vet who brought it back was in the 87th Infantry Division, the "golden Acorn" which saw action in the Rhineland, and Ardennes-Alsace.

Last edited by Larboard; 01-14-2016 at 03:26 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3