Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early J.A henckels SA dagger

Article about: I thought I would pictures of my latest pick up. I have had an opportunity to own a nice SA dagger so was was happy to find this one. It is a early J.A Henckels dagger with hanger the only t

A desirable dagger in really nice condition! Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early J.A henckels SA dagger
    P
    Many

Very nice and complete set, no way to improve on that dagger.

My wife told to say she is happy with her Wusthof kitchen knives 😃
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

A very nice Henckles SA as already stated, a maker I would like to have, I do own the kitchen knives if you want to trade haha. You say the tip is cracked? Is it broken off? I have seen many near mint sa daggers with a broken tip and it makes me wonder if this was purposely done during surrender of the weapon. Just food for thought.

No the tip of the dagger is not broken. The tip of the scabbard is dented.

Nice acquisition Tank D

Henckels produced quality back then and up into the present day.
    No worries on the cracked ball...this could of happened many times when an SA Man would sit down and the bottom of the dagger always hit the chair..or bench. This is very common.

@ Erich S...I remember yours and still looks great now as it did when I first saw it. Thank for showing again .
    I seen it on the GDC way back when..and not sure if you done a thread here on on..but you are welcome to start one on yours if you wish.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    My wife has wanted a set of kitchen knives for 20 years from the same maker, well at least we have the maker on at least one blade now.
    Erich, the Ost district mark is the one to have for this maker.
    why don't you just let her use this one to carve the turkey or spread the mayo

Beautiful pick up!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the postive feedback about the scabbard tip. I almost passed on the dagger due to that part but the blade and very thing else looks so good. The dagger came from my mentor and he also said it was a common thing. Thank again on the reassurance.

Quote by MAP View Post
    why don't you just let her use this one to carve the turkey or spread the mayo

Beautiful pick up!
    Michael that comment is a dagger to the heart!!!!! LoL

Ahhh its the scabbard not the blade. .Let's blame getting old for overlooking that one!! I think everyone who collects SA's has at least one or two with a dented or cracked ball.

Dented ball tips on sheaths are, as Larry said, common even with the original owners-much less with careless GI's dropping them over the post war decades. I have seen tips that had been filled with Lead by their German owners rather than go to the trouble of obtaining a new sheath tip-if such a thing was even possible. At any rate, it's a fine early Henckels-the crossgrain on the blade is excellent. A fine pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast