Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn large double oval

Article about: Hi all, Just bought this double oval Eickhorn. With 3 piece hanger RZM marked guess not original to the piece. Number 3 stamp in Lower crossguard Nice deep motto and maker mark. Looks like S

Post Eickhorn large double oval

Hi all,

Just bought this double oval Eickhorn. With 3 piece hanger RZM marked guess not original to the piece. Number 3 stamp in Lower crossguard Nice deep motto and maker mark. Looks like Some water stains. Crossgrain al the way to the tip.
    Will provide better images when im Home.

Eickhorn large double ovalEickhorn large double ovalEickhorn large double ovalEickhorn large double oval

Regards Rookie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn large double oval
    P
    Many

Nice find Rookie
    This what I have been speaking of as of lately about the crossguard accent grooving that is associated with Eickhorn.
    The grip as well is Eickhorn and the studied eye can see both the accent grooves and typical grip shape that belongs to Eickhorn.
    Take note of the upper guard having the crossguard ends bending downward as well....I like that too.

The hanger is not important in this case as it could of been added on either later on in the period or postwar.
    Many collectors add hangers or portepees to their Edged Weapon types for completion.
    The main goal is if the dagger itself is correct and the one you posted ..yes it is.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice one. Congrats

Tim

I really like these early Eickhorns with the large oval trademark. They are tough to find in good condition. Yours has the serrated tail which I currently don't have. Sadly, I sold one with a mint blade about 16 years ago and regret having done so. Congratulations!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn large double oval   Eickhorn large double oval  

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    I really like these early Eickhorns with the large oval trademark. They are tough to find in good condition. Yours has the serrated tail which I currently don't have. Sadly, I sold one with a mint blade about 16 years ago and regret having done so. Congratulations!
    I have a large double oval smooth tail and also I have been searching for a serrated tail example to match it up with.
    Agreed ...they are difficult to find in good condition.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A little quick update; compared with my Carl Kloos.

Eickhorn large double ovalEickhorn large double oval
    Eickhorn large double ovalEickhorn large double oval
    Eickhorn large double oval

Regards Rookie.

?

That Kloos is a good score - very hard to find.