Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark

Article about: At Larry's request, I am attaching images of an SA ground Rohm dagger in my collection made by Carl Eickhorn and stamped Oe. This came directly from a veteran's family, and the tang nut has

?

Default Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark

At Larry's request, I am attaching images of an SA ground Rohm dagger in my collection made by Carl Eickhorn and stamped Oe.
    This came directly from a veteran's family, and the tang nut has not been turned, so I have no reason to doubt its legitimacy.
    I have two other Oe SA daggers in my collection made by Wusthof, which is already on the list of makers for Oe.Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark
    P
    Many

Thankyou JCR for the extra photos

The grip and upper guard are definitely Eickhorn as the upper guard shows that deep accent grooving that is known to Eickhorn.
    Yet the lower guard for an early ground Rohm ( does not show that same accent grooving which explains the poor blade shoulder to guard fit. )

Eickhorn used a few crossguard markings for their SA Rohms ... AR ,, HE and occasionally PA ..also rarely seen K guard used by the distributor Haco. Those guards all of which had the same deep accent grooving.

Because of the 2 details : shallow accent grooving and the less than tight blade shoulder fit to guard ....I am sorry,. personally Im still not convinced that Eickhorn was contracted to supply to the SA Gruppe in Austria when it is seen that Ed Wustoff had the account to supply to that SA Gruppe.

I have said many times before in " All " dagger types when a rarity out of the norm is encountered ..that it would be beneficial if another example could be found in comparison. I understand you dont want to open the tang nut and its your prerogative not to do so..and I respect that..but its just a door that wont be open to show the truth of any Eickhorn or other foundry type markings.

The other side of the ball ..which many collectors do encounter are vet acquired examples such as your example which has been in the family for years ..as so are many other dagger types. I can not say for a fact what has happened during the liberation period and GIs looking to take home souvenirs ..." Some " not all of which had been parted together during that time. Again Im not saying this has happened ..but it may of happened.

A further study in the many threads here within this forum and also on the outside...find comparable early Rohm examples both large and small double oval Eickhorn logos.
    Please do not my word be the official word..but further research for yourself these details expected to be seen on this type of dagger.
    I will gladly add the "Oe" gruppe designation to the list once further evidence is found of other Eickhorn examples having thiss marking.
    Other thoughts and comments are welcome for those who study and collect these Rohm daggers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for the comments and help Larry. I do appreciate it!
    If I am able to open the tang nut without damage or marring, I will certainly do it to see what markings are inside.

HI JCR,...exhaust all options that I mentioned first..I dont want you do do something that you are not willing to do.
    Use the forums internal search engine seen above on the right hand corner and type in Eickhorn Rohm or Ground Rohm SA daggers.
    I would want you to see the details with your eyes first.

If you decide to open it later..I can help you with that through a PM so that you wont have to worry about any damage.
    If your able to turn it with your thumb..that would help.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

I was able to take the tang nut off without damaging it and took pictures under the top and bottom cross guards as well as under the lower cross guard for the QC number (looks like 1 to me.)

Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely,
    JohnEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark

?

Larry,
    I have attached the pictures.
    Sincerely,
    John

Thankyou John..thats proof enough that shows the in house guards marked H E that Eickhorn used with a number one QC stamping.
    I just find it odd that there are not more of these ....yet ..I will cautiously add it to the Gruppe mark list on the premise, that seen by the yellow arrow in the photo below...what shows an "Oe" stamping ( over/ on top of ) a tiny gouge mark to the left of the "O"

I say this because who knows when that gouge was placed and I will note the Gruppe mark list under Eickhorn with a link to this thread if anyone wants to comment further or also compare.

Im sorry to nit pick John but I dont want to create something " if " it never happened and scammers love this stuff.
    I will add it with this thread link attachment.

Regards Larry

Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-25-2021 at 04:52 AM.

MAP
    ?

Agree Larry, based on these photos, the "O" appears to be over the gouge.

Would be nice if we could see some close ups from a different angle or even better with a USB microscope.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Agree Larry, based on these photos, the "O" appears to be over the gouge.

IMO, if the mark does not go as deep as the stamp, it could also make it look this way.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Could be. Shadows and reflected light can play tricks on the eyes.

Better photos should hopefully solve the question.

Then again, the gouge could be period having legitimately happened prior to the Gau marking. But all guesses...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast