Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger

Article about: This belonged to my friends father we found it clearing his house would somebody be able to tell us more about it and if it has any value.

Default Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger

This belonged to my friends father we found it clearing his house would somebody be able to tell us more about it and if it has any value.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger   Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger  

Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger   Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ernst Pack Rohm SA dagger
    P
    Many

Hello, welcome to the forum! What I can see in the pictures is a Marine SA dagger with a "Roehm dedication". It looks correct to me, but I'm no expert on edged weapons either! If it's an original, it's probably worth a few thousand dollars.

It is nice NSKK Röhm dagger made by Ernst Pack & Sohn. Gruppe Nordsee.

Could you take straight close up photo of the Röhm inscription?

Ernst Röhm was the leader of the SA. In 1934, he distributed approximately 100,000 SA daggers with his personal inscription on the reverse blade.
    After the Röhm purge June 1934, the inscription was ordered to be removed.

In 1936 order came that NSKK were to differentiate their daggers from SA daggers by wearing black scabbards. Most cases NSKK men paint scabbard them self instead of buying new one.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    It is nice NSKK Röhm dagger made by Ernst Pack & Sohn. Gruppe Nordsee.

Could you take straight close up photo of the Röhm inscription?

Ernst Röhm was the leader of the SA. In 1934, he distributed approximately 100,000 SA daggers with his personal inscription on the reverse blade.
    After the Röhm purge June 1934, the inscription was ordered to be removed.

In 1936 order came that NSKK were to differentiate their daggers from SA daggers by wearing black scabbards. Most cases NSKK men paint scabbard them self instead of buying new one.
    I would say it's Marine SA, not NSKK. Note the gilded parts! NumisBids: Teutoburger Munzauktion GmbH Auction 125, Lot 4112 : Blankwaffen Deutschland Drittes Reich: SA-Marine-Dienstdolch,...

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Marine SA dagger
    Crossguards and scabbard fittings has just nicotine patina. Marine SA had dagger like the regular SA had.
    Instead, NSKK Kraftbootstandarte had black scabbard, gilt crossguards and fittings.

Marine SA

NSKK Kraftbootstandarte

-TJ-

Finngaill, for me it doesn't look like "nicotine patine" but as gold finished. But like I said before, I'm not an expert on these kind of items, so I don't want to argue.

I agree with Finn that close photos are needed for the dedication

Daniel .... where was this dagger found in your friends fathers house?
    That should help give us direction in determining if its nicotine or not on the fittings.

the back side of the grip appears not to have that yellowish haze to it compared to the front.
    A wet Q tip on an small obscure spot will remove nicotine.

@ NSDAP sammler. ...the dagger in the link is junk ..but please post photos and not links ...you know it drives me crazy.

I would like to hear Dave H thoughts as well...but first,,Daniel please post greater photos of the Rohm dedication.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I agree with Finn that close photos are needed for the dedication

Daniel .... where was this dagger found in your friends fathers house?
    That should help give us direction in determining if its nicotine or not on the fittings.

the back side of the grip appears not to have that yellowish haze to it compared to the front.
    A wet Q tip on an small obscure spot will remove nicotine.

@ NSDAP sammler. ...the dagger in the link is junk ..but please post photos and not links ...you know it drives me crazy.

I would like to hear Dave H thoughts as well...but first,,Daniel please post greater photos of the Rohm dedication.

Regards Larry
    Okay, sorry for the link, I'll try to remember it next Time! If this is really a nicotine "patina", then the dagger must have been in a room that was constantly filled with tobacco smoke for quite a long time. I don't want to deny that this is possible, but it would surprise me. Be that as it may, the dagger is worth a lot if it is genuine, which I assume is the case and, above all, if the Roehm-Dedication is authentic.

is the wooden grip sticky? if it is that's caused by nicotine.

?

The spotty and uneven covering of the nickel silver parts - the rear of the dagger and the upper scabbard fitting - looks like nicotine to me. And, it is not that unusual on a dagger that was up on a wall for some time.

The inscription I'll leave to others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast