Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Full ground Röhm Eickhorn

Article about: I get this Full ground Röhm dagger while ago, blade had little bit grease and wet oil on it, clean it and blade start look good with nice crossgrain. The grip look like it is not an orginal

Default Full ground Röhm Eickhorn

I get this Full ground Röhm dagger while ago, blade had little bit grease and wet oil on it, clean it and blade start look good with nice crossgrain.
    The grip look like it is not an orginal Eickhorn? I saw some examples with same looking grip on this forum and also at Lakesidetrader sold few same looking.
    It is possibility that Eickhorn order grips from another company? Or just somebody for some reason change grips? On this example what I try to study the pommel nut, it do not look like open or at least long time ago it happen.

It would be great to hear opinions of this dagger.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full ground Röhm Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Hi Alleg

Im curious is there a bench mark number beneath the crossguard?

Im under the impression that the blade was once professionally refinished and someone added these topical scratch marks to which the Ernst Rohm name where it should be has no scratch area.

I have no issues with the grip and I have seen worse. This grip has lost much of its sharp contour riding giving the impression that the upper grip triangle looks smaller.
    Im just leery of the blade dedication and would like to see ...a more relaxed photo with less shine if possible.
    Why there are no scratches on the back half of the blade where the name would appear.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-06-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, thank you for your thoughts.

No there is not any mark number beneath the crossguard. Yeah on that picture is too much shine, here is two pictures what I take just after clean that grease, I can take tomorrow another picture too when it is day time and better light, if it is necessary.

It is good point what you say about the blade, now when try look that blade, it's sure look like on the name part is less that scratches, but maybe somebody do it just enought to cover Röhm name? And it has this smaller Eickhorn logo.

I hate to say this ...but it appears the logo was reapplied over the grind ..and now I have doubts about this even being a Rohm dagger.
    can you show better photo of the logo?

The logo is very crispy and dark.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Oh boy..

Yes, here is photo of the logo.

Thankyou Alleg for the closer photos.
    If this blade is supposed to be under a full grind...I am not seeing any stress or drag points anywhere on the logo.
    Its Perfect !

A Period grind would of definitely removed a good part or 80% of the logo.
    Its either a recent light sanding job ...or the logo was reapplied on top of the recent grind.

View the etch detail within this logo and compare to yours.

Thank you Larry, I really didn't understand to focus on to this logo when see this dagger even I think that I notice all what need to see.
    Perhaps it can be like recent light sanding job, it look like there is different shade on the edge of the grind what is on the logo

This kind I also think. Is there any possibility that someone did full grind at 1934 and only after that went to Eickhorn factory and ask reapplied logo back?