Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gustav Voss early SA

Article about: Hi Gents, Here the 3th one. This early Gustav Voss is in uncleaned condition and does not appear to have ever been taken down. The nickel crossguards have a very fine dull finish. The surfac

?

Default Gustav Voss early SA

Hi Gents,

Here the 3th one.

This early Gustav Voss is in uncleaned condition and does not appear to have ever been taken down. The nickel crossguards have a very fine dull finish. The surfaces are smooth with the crisp edges and precise accent grooves. The lower reverse crossguard is gruppe marked "Om". The Ostmark Gruppe mark is not seen too often. The grip of this example is a fine furniture like wood being absolutely perfect throughout and fitting the crossguards like a rubber glove. The SA runes button has fine enamel the grip eagle has have his full details remaining. The scabbard shell is a fine example being straight throughout and having all of the original anodizing and finish. The scabbard mounts have toned to exactly match the crossguard they are in perfect condition the lower ball is a little bit flat at the bottom. All four screws are in place and unturned. The blade is mirror bright and totally mint. It has all of the crossgrain and has a very deep dark etch having 100% of the blackening in the backgrounds of the letters. On the reverse we see a trademark art deco style fox head that is seldom seen and is very desirable. Above the fox is the firm's name Gustav Voss and below Solingen. The Gustav Voss trademark rates at a very rare number nine on the McSARR scale. According to Siegert’s SA book it has number 10 with an total production of ca. 1000 daggers made which make this an extremely rare piece, specially in this condition.

Ron.

Gustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SAGustav Voss early SA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gustav Voss early SA
    P
    Many

Cor
    ?

Beautiful Voss dagger Ron. Completely in top condition and the fit also looks ok, but the "Gruppe mark" Om (Ostmark) has not been included in the register so far. Nm and P. so far. Maybe there are more Om's?

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

?

Don’t panic Rob. If it’s not in the list it will not say that it don’t exist. With only 1000 made it’s not common to find one. Lists are there to be updated so they can add Om on it now.

Ron

Congratulations on this one - a great example with beautiful cross grain.
    Best,
    -Scotty.

?

Thanks Scotty!
    I guess I had the good light to get the cross grain pictured. Normally I struggle with it.

Ron

First I have seen of this producer having such exemplary crossgrain.
    I really like these SA daggers that have the grips growing out from the crossguards

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry,

This is a keeper!
    And yes if you don't know better it looks like the hilt is made out of one piece.

Regards,

Ron

Cor
    ?

Congratulations Ron, you have added the Om to the list. Great result and I had the same with a Tiger SA. Be careful with this beautiful Voss.

?

So the list is updated!
    Up to the next one