Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

intact dagger SA Eickhorn

Article about: Hi friends today I came across this SA dagger. in my opinion it is very nice and original, but because it is in such an excellent condition I am a little worried about 100% originality. ther

?

Default intact dagger SA Eickhorn

Hi friends today I came across this SA dagger. in my opinion it is very nice and original, but because it is in such an excellent condition I am a little worried about 100% originality. therefore please ask for any opinions. Thank you in advanceintact dagger SA Eickhornintact dagger SA Eickhornintact dagger SA Eickhornintact dagger SA Eickhornintact dagger SA Eickhornintact dagger SA Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement intact dagger SA Eickhorn
    P
    Many

?

100% original and beautiful mint conditioned Transitional Eickhorn SA dagger. Buy with confidence.

-Serge

I am not so sure about this SA dagger. I am comparing it to one of mine and I see a few things that look off. First the eagle head looks off no definition. Second the SA button also looks off. When you see TR items in mint condition caution is needed. It looks just made to me. I am no expert so I could be wrong.

John

?

thank you so much for your opinions!

?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    I am not so sure about this SA dagger. I am comparing it to one of mine and I see a few things that look off. First the eagle head looks off no definition. Second the SA button also looks off. When you see TR items in mint condition caution is needed. It looks just made to me. I am no expert so I could be wrong.

John

Clearly you don't know what your looking at. If you did you would see that there is nothing wrong with the aluminum grip eagle (no evidence showing replacement), or the SA roundel.

The grip has the contours of a 1939 vintage Transitional SA dagger.
    The scabbard is correct.
    The blade is stone mint and properly acid etched and the burnishing is the proper tone.
    The hilt fitting are well fitted to it's mating parts.
    The ring tag looks original as does the rivet.
    The Eickhorn hanging tag is textbook and it's paper tag is present.

To someone who knows what they are looking at this is known as a 'One Looker'.
    Mint conditioned daggers shouldn't scare anyone, they do still exist.

-Serge

Quote by War Medals View Post

John
    Hi John..it may be a storage issue as Im also seeing plate loss on the tang nut and also the upper guard right tip.
    The Runes button is a early to mid period type and also may have fallen into the same storing condition.

Overall the dagger I would say is 99% Mint.
    The Eickhorn tag could of been added at anytime as it is looped around the carrying ring of the scabbard.

Best Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-02-2020 at 03:16 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry I really appreciate your comment, thank you

Hi Larry, thanks for weighing in on my comments. I called this one wrong, and I am also sorry to the original poster. I just was looking at my SA dagger which is a RZM M7/36 and saw things that looked a little different. Just one other thought, saying that it is mint, should there not be clearly visible the original grinding lines on the blade. Possible polishing to this blade.

John

Do you mean crossgrain? It's extremely hard to photograph the crossgrain on blades but you can see some in the pics and I'm sure in person it's all there and it's all beautiful.

Maximus, yes crossgrain is the correct word for the factory finish grinding of the blade. I will take everyones opinion as a "minty" dagger.
    Minty is used a lot in this hobby. Is there a level above minty?

Kekel, thanks for the posting of all the things correct with this dagger. I don't claim to knew a lot about daggers, not my area of collecting. My question is why did you ask the board for an opinion if you already were sure dagger was good.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast