Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for advice - wanting to purchase a German SA WWII dress dagger

Article about: Hi All, I've always wanted one, but put it off for over a decade as, like lugers, there are books and books to read about these to get informed on what you are buying. I know there's a huge

?

Default Looking for advice - wanting to purchase a German SA WWII dress dagger

Hi All,

I've always wanted one, but put it off for over a decade as, like lugers, there are books and books to read about these to get informed on what you are buying. I know there's a huge collector base out there on these, and for somebody like me who feels intimidated by all the research, can somebody point me in the right direction if I just want to pick up a mid-grade good quality SA dagger and not get ripped off?

Only place I know to look is gun broker, and I know too well that GB is perhaps the last place anyone SHOULD look for a reasonable/good deal on a good condition dagger.

I'm also aware of all the repros out there that make me cautious about who/where i buy from as well...

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, or if any of you have one you are willing to sell, let me know. After a decade + of waiting, I'd really like to just pull the trigger and get one, but I'd greatly appreciate the direction of some experts!

Many thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for advice - wanting to purchase a German SA WWII dress dagger
    P
    Many

?

Are any of these a decent deal?

Original German WWII Daggers

or can i do better?

I also see this one from simpson:

GERMAN NSKK DAGGER - C34108 - Simpson Ltd

but i hear simpson sometimes is priced pretty high...

Hello Mr P64

It would be best to upload onto a new thread separately each dagger you may be interested in for discussion and authentication.
    Those links you provided will end up over time...being empty once the dealer sells those items leaving this thread dead and useless to other community members here. Read this thread >

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

We can easily say the prices are good or bad.....then there would be no point for a discussion as this forum is for researching history and discussion of an item so that yourself would be protected from a potential disaster in your wallet.

Free authentication and valuation service.

The community here would glady help you in your search for a dagger type...but you would have to post photos of each dagger in a separate thread for a focused study that will protect your wallet.

Please help us so that we can help you

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill