Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for info related to personalized SA dagger blade...

Article about: Hi all! I just received this SA dagger, which has a personalized blade and am wondering if anyone has reference material that could trace these details in order to provide me with more infor

?

Larry, would you mind elaborating on why the Röhm dedication matters in this case? I'm not sure you clarified that in your earlier post so I'm curious to understand your line of thinking. Below are more photos of the full back side of the blade, along with the one in my original post. These pics are rather large so click on them for full size...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for info related to personalized SA dagger blade...
    P
    Many

Thankyou ..the photos just said it all and shows the obvious not seen in the others .

The area of the engraving and the partial rub away over half the haco logo is recent.

The rest if the blade very worn but untouched.

My purpose was to see if there was a grind involved as Haco was one of the recipients of the dedication .

This example is so worn to be sure if that . but what is really seen is the area in question brighter than the rest. The first photo of the 3 proves my thoughts.

Regards Larry

Keep this in mind too that the SA mann might of had one of these
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks guys. I'll toss this one in the waste bin. No sense in letting it circulate in the collecting world if it is in question.

No hard feelings .... Even if this thread never existed ..the market value would of not been any higher than what a,current SA would of been worth.

SA unit marked daggers only show the identity of the Unit and may bring $50 more to the value or to those who are willing to pay for it.

Other than that just a standard SA dagger.

Best Regards, Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Absolutely no hard feelings at all! It is what it is. I realize it's additional value with the engraving would have been minimal; I mentioned as much in one of my post replies. I personally think the dagger is fine based on my own experience with engraved daggers, but trust that your judgement and that of the others who posted represent the market opinion in general, and as such this dagger is doomed due to the questionable aspects of it. I originally posted it to get feedback on the individual but it turned into a critique of the dagger itself, which I didn't intend to happen, but again, it is what it is.

BTW, I was kidding about trashing it. I have no money in the dagger at this point; it will go back to the original owner, the daughter of the vet who returned it from the war, with an explanation of the points presented here and she will do with it what she pleases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2