Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for information on SA Dagger.

Article about: Hello, my Grandfather was in the Merchant Marines and spent some time in Italy. According to him he traded some cigarettes for this dagger. He never really talked about it other than that st

AVG
    ?

Default Looking for information on SA Dagger.

Hello, my Grandfather was in the Merchant Marines and spent some time in Italy. According to him he traded some cigarettes for this dagger. He never really talked about it other than that story, which I heard once from my mom. I'm curious to see if it's an original or one of the reproductions made near the end of the war I've read about. I've tried to do research but as you all know it is incredibly complex.

All I can understand is the Hessen logo and the Wilh. Kober & Co logo.

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for information on SA Dagger.   Looking for information on SA Dagger.  

Looking for information on SA Dagger.   Looking for information on SA Dagger.  

Looking for information on SA Dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for information on SA Dagger.
    P
    Many

You have 100% original SA dagger by Wilh. Kober & Co, SA gruppe Hessen. Nice one.

All parts are original for this dagger and it looks to be ground Röhm. In 1933 Ernst Röhm the chief of staff decided that SA and SS should wear service dagger.
    Ernst Röhm distributed approximately 100k SA daggers with his personal inscription. On June 30 1934 after the Röhm purge, the inscription was ordered to be removed.
    Until end of the year 1934, 3 million SA men became equipped with service daggers.

Here is good thread about Röhm daggers

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

It would be nice to see more pictures where can see full blade.
    -TJ-

AVG
    ?

Thank you for the info!

I'll add more the blade now. I noticed that the first picture has some imperfections, but I'm guessing that's where the Röhm inscription was? That explains why it's so rough on that side. Now it makes perfect sense.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for information on SA Dagger.   Looking for information on SA Dagger.  

Yes, it is trace from the Röhm inscription. Nice to see that some of it is still left.
    -TJ-

?

I will make you a great deal. I will trade it with your for 2 packs of cigarettes! Joking asides. Nice piece.

Nice find AVG ...Finngaill laid it all out

Enjoy it !!

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill