Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA Dienstdolch

Article about: Dear dagger collectors, I am looking for any feedback regarding this (EARLY) SA by Max Weyersberg I am looking at. I am not really a dagger collector but I would like to add some pieces to t

?

Default Looking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA Dienstdolch

Dear dagger collectors,

I am looking for any feedback regarding this (EARLY) SA by Max Weyersberg I am looking at.
    I am not really a dagger collector but I would like to add some pieces to the collection.

My own observation:
    on the image the scabbard is backwards I know, I didn't make the pictures
    I like the grip, no damages. I like the crossgrain which is still visible.
    The smudgy eagle should clean up with a bit of WD40 rubbing on it. Unfortunately the SA button looks worn.
    The crossguards fit nicely into the grip and look they have been manufactured to fit together.

Any help is more than welcome. Thank you

Looking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA DienstdolchLooking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA Dienstdolch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

?

Looking for input on MAX Weyersberg SA Dienstdolch

Added: Pommern marked. This is not the first P marked Max Weyersberg I have seen.

I don't see red flags on this dagger, but there is some gap between grip and upper crossguard. Perhaps just some shrinking of wood?
    Pommern is know Gruppe mark for Max Weyersberg. And you are correct, scabbard is backwards.
    -TJ-

?

Thanks for the feedback Finngaill. I hope I will be able to grab this dagger before the owner decides to sell it to someone else.

Did someone paint the grip eagle white at one time ? ..Im seeing remnants of a white color on the wood on top of the grip eagle.

This is one of these photos that is difficult to discern due to the white and the blackness on the grip eagle.
    Maybe someone else can chime in on what im seeing.

Other than that observation ...I agree with Finngaill as well on originality.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the feedback Larry. I appreciate it.

?

Unfortunately the seller sold the piece to someone else while I was eating lunch. The search continues... Thanks for taking a look guys.

?

Sorry you missed it!

But as we say here "they ate your lunch"
    Regards, Al

?

You might be lucky. I agree with Larry that the eagle looks strange.

Dave

IMHO someone did fill the tiny gaps around the eagle with wood putty to give it a "smoother" look around the eagle. I would say, standard hardware store spruce color. At least, the person that did it was so kind not to try to paint it
    Apart from that - a nice dagger

PS: Does anyone know why there are so many eagles on daggers that have rough or missing borders around them in the wood? is this a sign of re-fitted eagles? tear & wear ? or manufacturing tolerances??