Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen

Article about: Hi there, My second SA. Here is a Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen, with hanging leather strap. 1933 to 1935, Hansa Inspection Stamp. Matching number engraved on the inside

Default Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen

Hi there,

My second SA.

Here is a Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen, with hanging leather strap. 1933 to 1935, Hansa gruppe Stamp. Matching number engraved on the inside of the cross-guard and scabbard throat of the locket.

Please have a look below.
    Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen   Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen  

Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen   Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen  

Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen   Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen
    P
    Many

Not an expert but it looks like you have a very nice example of a SA Dagger.

John

Just curious, what is a "Mail Call"?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Just curious, what is a "Mail Call"?
    Ralph.
    Its an americanism I believe - fresh from the postman?

Hi Scotty ..Nice complete full rig you have
    A very deep crossguard step!
    Also rare to find any Horster SA with a full 3 pc hanging assembly. It could of been added but who knows...it looks great and is period.
    Is there a gap between the upper scabbard fitting and lower guard or did you pull the blade out a little bit?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Scotty ..Nice complete full rig you have
    A very deep crossguard step!
    Also rare to find any Horster SA with a full 3 pc hanging assembly. It could of been added but who knows...it looks great and is period.
    Is there a gap between the upper scabbard fitting and lower guard or did you pull the blade out a little bit?

Regards Larry
    Hi there Larry,

Thanks for your reply. Yes i’ve been very fortunate to get the assembly with this one. I’ve actually got a complete SA belt on the way to display it with. As for the gap, I have additional photo which should show less of a gap - however, the unfortunate damage to the ball end may account for this?

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen   Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen  

The ball damage is quite common and I would say more so from the period than the present.
    If you see how these daggers are worn either in a vertical position or on the 45 degree angle...at some point these SA men did sit down either at a pub , restaurant or at some function or gathering.

When they sat down..sometimes the dagger ball would hit first and over time could dent it more. Other instances may have had the SA men drinking and singing too much and actually banging there dagger on the tables while holding it in their hands. That I cant prove..but the action of sitting down ...makes more sense in the hanging direction of the dagger.

I would call it a period hit
    Nice dagger from a prestigious producer

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That’s an interesting perspective to take on the dagger ball, I think i’ll join you with it ! Thanks again for your kind reply, its nice to get the approval of an expert (whilst also learning something new).

Until the next time!

?

I am just trying to learn something here.
    Is this spacing of the blade and handguard normal for EF Horster SA dagger's?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I am just trying to learn something here.
    Is this spacing of the blade and handguard normal for EF Horster SA dagger's?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I think it is relatively common occurrence - however, I refuse to play around with it. I tightened a little with my hands and it has reduced - I won’t do any more.

Edit:

Furthermore, potentially this could have occurred when the guard was engraved?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mail Call: SA Dagger, Sturmabteilung Dolch by E&F Horster, Solingen  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast