Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA Dagger

Article about: Hey everyone! I was showing off my collection of artifacts to my father in law when he proceeded to tell me he acquired this from a veteran in his 90s..I haven’t taken it apart yet so I ha

Default Need help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA Dagger

Hey everyone! I was showing off my collection of artifacts to my father in law when he proceeded to tell me he acquired this from a veteran in his 90s..I haven’t taken it apart yet so I haven’t seen the tang. Just looking for some opinions if anyone more knowledgeable has the time. Thank you. Need help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA DaggerNeed help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help Authenticating Tiger soligen SA Dagger
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The experts will be around shortly. But did it come with a scabbard? Do you have photos of that too?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello IraqVet .thankyou for your service and when the weather is good..I come through the Tuckerton Area OTW to CapeMay.

The dagger is authentic early period with correct SA Gruppe "He" for Hessen.
    It appears someone had a go out trying to dig out the grip eagle and failed.

As Moderator MAP requested ..is there a scabbard?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No scabbard unfortunately, the blade has surface scratches the length of the blade that would lead me to believe it had one at some point. Is there a specific way to remove the pommel nut? I’d like to get a look at the tang and other makers marks. Thank you for the info, it’s pretty difficult to distinguish between originals and fakes.

No scabbard, but it has the wear marks to lead me to believe it did at some point.

MAP
    ?

Quote by IraqVet85 View Post
    No scabbard unfortunately, the blade has surface scratches the length of the blade that would lead me to believe it had one at some point. Is there a specific way to remove the pommel nut? I’d like to get a look at the tang and other makers marks. Thank you for the info, it’s pretty difficult to distinguish between originals and fakes.
    My recommendation is to not remove the pommel nut. From the photos (and I could be wrong) but it looks never to have been removed. Almost all attempts to remove the pommel nut wind up with it getting scratched and dinged. Collectors always prefer "untouched" over disassembled.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That’s understandable. Can it be properly authenticated without removing the pommel? From what I’ve read the tang tells a lot about authenticity. Also, the wood grip is loose...which will bother me forever haha. If it is indeed real, what kind a value would this hood without the scabbard in your opinion? Thank you for your help!

MAP
    ?

Larry has already confirmed it's a good original dagger. So no need to take it apart.

I'll let others opine on where it has or hasn't been taken apart in the past or how to removed the nut without damaging it. Maybe my eyes, but the nut looks untouched. I am no expert with these daggers.

We are happy to provide authentication advice, but value is subject and as a rule, we stay away from that question. A quick look on dealer sites should help you with value but without the scabbard, it is significantly reduced.

Zero reason to take it apart
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you very much everyone, there is a slight deformation on the pommel nut corners like some attempted to tighten/loosen it. If everyone agrees it is in fact authentic I won’t attempt to move the nut. He doesn’t plan on selling this or his HJ knife, but at least now we know they’re legitimate. Cheers, and have a merry Christmas and new year!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast