Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice RZM SA Dienstdoch

Article about: Really nice RZM marked, to bad the scabbard is lost. This came from a local estate auction over the weekend.

Default Nice RZM SA Dienstdoch

Really nice RZM marked, to bad the scabbard is lost. This came from a local estate auction over the weekend.Nice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA Dienstdoch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice RZM SA Dienstdoch
    P
    Many

somebody had a go at the grip eagle and used wood filler to try to cover over their tracks and failed.
    There are also pick marks above the right wing.
    The grip and eagle are corect for late period but wondering if an attempt was made to remove it or it was replaced?

Who knows but the wood filler is trying to tell a story.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I dunno, i'll take a closer look, i didn't notice any wood filler.

I think what your seeing is where the wood chipped away when they routed it out for the eagle. ( over left wing) that isn't wood filler its tiny pieces of wood missing.

I'll get you some close ups tomorrow.

Is the tolerance between the wood grip and the crossguards acceptable? I see quite a but of a gap there.

?

I always look to see that the wood surrounding the Adler inlays is smooth. Cracks can develop over time that run lengthwise perhaps from the roundel up, or at the ends of the eagle. Although not desirable, these are the natural result of time and improper protection against humidity and temperature cycling. Fits with metal into wood we’re not always precise. Maker, time period and other factors contributed to this. Nice dagger. Blade has good cross grain.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Nice RZM SA Dienstdoch

Managed to get a picture at a different angle to show the chipping.

Thats not chipping from over time.....Like I said someone had a go at it or either failed or left it alone. At the very end of the right wing tip is a gouge mark..that tried to lift off at the wing.

SA and SS collectors know this as we have seen it so many times.

Nice RZM SA Dienstdoch
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Got some better pictures at different angles with different light.Nice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA DienstdochNice RZM SA Dienstdoch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast