MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK Chained Leader Dagger

Article about: Hi All, Here is my Chained Leader NSKK, it is a mid period RZM 7/12 Max Weyersberg. Overall its in pretty good shape, it does have some typical RZM era flaws such as the grip fit and some co

Default NSKK Chained Leader Dagger

Hi All,
    Here is my Chained Leader NSKK, it is a mid period RZM 7/12 Max Weyersberg. Overall its in pretty good shape, it does have some typical RZM era flaws such as the grip fit and some corrosion to the plated areas, the blade is really nice with good crossgrain and just some minor areas of age grey here and there, the scabbard has nice original paint with more of the wear being on the reverse which is exactly how it should be, the links are plated and properly marked. Most of these are a land mine of problems but I believe I have a solid example of a rare dagger. The pics are not the greatest, bad lighting, bad shadows but its the best I could do for now, it looks even better in hand. All comments are welcome. Thanks for looking!!
    NSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Chained Leader Dagger
    P
    Many

It's a bit hard to see the detail on the proofmarks. Does Korpsführung have the umlaut?

Hi Billy, yes I checked it under magnification and it does have the umlaut, they are set low and it makes the "U" look taller then the rest of the lettering.

?

Max i see no problems with this chain so far, links to top clip are typical for this type of chain.
    Please make a detailed picture in high resolution of the RZM marking and the Musterschutz a 5 MB pic will do.

Cheers
    Ger

Hi Ger this is the best I can do, I forgot to mention the chain is RZM M5/8 for Assman maker. Hard to see with the corrosion in areas.
    NSKK Chained Leader DaggerNSKK Chained Leader Dagger

?

Hi Max,

thx for the extra pics, for sure that is one 100% original.
    The upperlinks and this M5/8 RZM marking fits with the NSKK stamp, i always like to see a stamp that isnt equaly stamped, as forces on these links never came 100% on the center, because of its rounded form of the frontside eagle
    Therefore mostly it has 1 deeper side in the marking.

Compared to my NSKK Chained its one 100% match.
    Congratz M8

Ger
    NSKK Chained Leader Dagger

?

Well done on a cracking find and a great summing up from Ger
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...