Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on late Eickhorn RZM

Article about: Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to read posts pertaining to questions I’ve had in the past and was always limited (as I wasn’t a member) in how mu

Default Opinions on late Eickhorn RZM

Hi everyone!
    I’m new to this forum, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to read posts pertaining to questions I’ve had in the past and was always limited (as I wasn’t a member) in how much I could search the forum for new information. I have recently admitted to myself that this is a hobby that I’m truly committed to for the long run so I thought it would be a good time to finally join the community. I can’t wait to learn more from all of you and hopefully provide some value to the community myself as I become more well versed.

I have recently started buying SA daggers. I’m starting with RZMs as they tend to be less expensive and it seems to be easier to find minty examples. That said, minty examples always make me a bit suspicious so I thought I’d share my most recent prospective purchase here and see what you all have to say. My only main concern here is the placement of the motto. It appears to be placed lower on the blade (in that it isn’t completely centered) The rather well known and well respected seller acknowledges this in the description. The explanation in the description is that these sorts of thing is seen in later daggers as workers became more scarce. I am curious if this explanation checks out in your collective experience. Otherwise I’m very much sold on this dagger. Any input and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on late Eickhorn RZM
    P
    Many

Hello Axis...for this being an end production period SA by Eickhorn..I would say it is in great condition !
    Usually end production period daggers are poorly fit and the materials used are lacking.

I can see that all the silvering has not lifted from the fittings and for this being end period..I would expect to see a little poor fit.
    I do see a little space in the blade shoulders to lower guard...which I have no problem with.

Yes it is true that RZM daggers are less expensive..but with that they are easily reproduced, faked and parted together.
    The early examples are where the value will always continue to rise faster than the RZM types.
    It is impossible in the arena of early SA daggers to reproduce a classic...some have tried and have come very close...but the studied eye will see the differences.

Anyway...the dagger you posted above is a decent later period example

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,
    Thank you for your evaluation and for getting back to me so fast. I definitely hear you about the RZM daggers, I suppose my interest is purely based on the historical context of such pieces and not necessarily on the value/appreciation. I think having such a late piece would be cool because you can see where the quality of the materials and the details get a bit sidelined as the war goes on. I’m used to seeing that a lot with the Japanese items i have collected. I hope to eventually find some really nice early and transitional dagger examples to display alongside this one so I can really highlight the changes over time.

Thanks again!

-J