Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Part erased Ernest Rohm SA Dagger

Article about: Hi Guys, I picked this up this morning on a house call. I deal in British Medals but sometimes come across the odd dagger. The scabbard has a set on initials scratched into it. But the handl

Default Part erased Ernest Rohm SA Dagger

Hi Guys,

I picked this up this morning on a house call. I deal in British Medals but sometimes come across the odd dagger. The scabbard has a set of initials scratched into it. But the handle has a name scratched into the back of it. It looks to be Robert Baugest or Robert Bougest. It has a Hamburg Gau mark. Any chance he could be traced? I know a long shot!

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Part erased Ernest Rohm SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Hello..
    The dagger itself is in poor condition and overall poor fittings crossguard to the handle.. sa roundel is upside down.. you will probably not be able to find anything on the name unless a high ranking person which I doubt.

Thanks, I still think its a pretty interesting piece of history and nice a British Vet brought it home

The blade has a ton of history ...not so much with the upper guard that does not belong that does not fit well to the grip and also overtightened tang nut which has split the grip wood and enlarging the Runes Roundel ( Good observation Colonel )

The vet may have pieced it together which was common during the occupation.

There is a remnant of a logo but sharp eyes and comparison with producer logos will identify the producer.
    Who is up for the challenge ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The blade has a ton of history ...not so much with the upper guard that does not belong that does not fit well to the grip and also overtightened tang nut which has split the grip wood and enlarging the Runes Roundel ( Good observation Colonel )

There is a remnant of a logo but sharp eyes and comparison with producer logos will identify the producer.

Regards Larry
    Your the boss on these and more than happy to be set straight as my observation is really just a question so I can learn.....

I could see post war "piecing" together of late war RZM parts...would assume these parts were available.

But where would a vet find all early parts and a ground Rohm blade no less. And why would he pick a scabbard that was in such poor shape?

That top nut (from the limited photos) looks un touched with no marks on it, at least for a very very long time (better photos would of course confirm).

Adam: I would possible think the last name could be Raugust? It would match with the R.R. initials.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Regards Larry
    Well Larry, do you need a logo with a grip like this one?
    But then again, does this grip belongs to this dagger, or is it just a mismatched topguard?
    Even the big gap will not cover the very bad fit of this blonde grip ....

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-26-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Tang nuts some of the time dont need to show open marks and may have well been thumb tightened..

@ Ger ..The grip may not belong to this dagger very true ..the challenge was ...who is the producer ?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Tang nuts some of the time dont need to show open marks and may have well been thumb tightened..

@ Ger ..The grip may not belong to this dagger very true ..the challenge was ...who is the producer ?

Best Larry
    Well Larry, the answer was in my reply too
    Typical Blonde grip used by my favorite producer

Ger

Thanks for all the responses. Admittedly I don't have a great deal of experience with Rohm daggers. However, I don't feel this dagger has actually ever been taken apart. It has been stored in an airing cupboard for 70 years but looks to have had a hard life before that.

Would people agree the value is around £300?

Do I see a little trace of a hammer head?

Part erased Ernest Rohm SA DaggerPart erased Ernest Rohm SA Dagger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast