Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Partial ground Röhm customized by veteran

Article about: Got a really unique piece here that was a local pickup over the weekend. An SA dagger made by Anton Wingen Jr, with a poor-quality Gruppe stamp of Wm for Westmark. This dagger was captured b

Default Partial ground Röhm customized by veteran

Got a really unique piece here that was a local pickup over the weekend.

A dagger made by Anton Wingen Jr, with a poor-quality Gruppe stamp of Wm for Westmark.

This dagger was captured by Captain Robert J Lewis on Easter Sunday 1945 in Frankenstein, Germany. I haven't been able to track down his information yet, but there's a good chance he belonged to the 44th Infantry Division based on which units were in that area at that time.

Sadly the pommel nut has at one point been manipulated and there is slight movement of the cross guards but still a desirable piece.

The watermark is for my collector Instagram page.

Partial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteranPartial ground Röhm customized by veteran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partial ground Röhm customized by veteran
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Neat souvenir!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Impressive Find AK ...bummer the liberating Vet didnt know what it will all mean 80 years later in the market place.
    Yet still very collectible.

Interesting history as well in that town of Frankenstein and the Famous Castle within > The Monster Mash: Secrets of Frankenstein Castle in Germany - Exploring Castles

Nice Find AK
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Impressive Find AK ...bummer the liberating Vet didnt know what it will all mean 80 years later in the market place.
    Yet still very collectible.

Interesting history as well in that town of Frankenstein and the Famous Castle within > The Monster Mash: Secrets of Frankenstein Castle in Germany - Exploring Castles

Nice Find AK
    Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry! Yes, on one hand it's a "shame" but on the other it's good provenance. Yes, the famous castle!
    Last edited by Glittering_Ship4193; 01-31-2022 at 03:52 AM.

Really nice I really like that Captain's engraving
    -TJ-

Thanks! I thought it was a unique piece.