Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2

Article about: Please see original thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...dagger-792453/ I have finished with the dagger, it needed quite a bit of work. I am pleased with the outcome, I'm sure othe

Default Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2

Please see original thread:
    Post-war use of an NSKK dagger

I have finished with the dagger, it needed quite a bit of work. I am pleased with the outcome, I'm sure others would find it hard to swallow to restore relics.

-Nut needed to be changed, the thread was destroyed, this is the only unoriginal part since it's extremely hard to find an original one
    -Paint stripped from wooden grip, which afterwards recieved a light polish
    -Crossguards has been polished, they were cut & sanded by original owner, NOT BY ME
    -Eagle replaced, i sourced this one from a relic find - I thought it goes well with the overall condition of the dagger itself
    -SA pin paint stripped & polished a bit
    -Changed the blade back to it's original side, it has been fiddled with along the years
    -Scabbard recieved two original screws that were missing, the correct size to the correct positions

Overall I turned out pretty good, and I love it's bloody history too, but I wanted to clean it up nicely. I have not touched the scabbard other than replacing the screws, to keep it in it's original condition as I have received it.
    I have many of these "odd items" in my collection, it goes well with the rest.
    I have been told by many that this is most likely an early NSKK dagger.

I hope you enjoy my threads, please let me know what you think!

Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2
    P
    Many

?

I remember your thread from a few months ago. Hope you don't intend intend to slaughter some malac with it!
    Nice job with the attempt at restoring.

I'm not a dagger man but I do appreciate a nice rescue!!
    " I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite sure "