Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rohm SA - Anton Wingen

Article about: Again another item at Tennants today 8th March. Again i'm posting for reference and comment i have no connection with said auction house

kc1
    ?

Default Rohm SA - Anton Wingen

Again another item at Tennants today 8th March. Again i'm posting for reference and comment i have no connection with said auction houseRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton WingenRohm SA - Anton Wingen
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-09-2017 at 11:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rohm SA - Anton Wingen
    P
    Many

?

Anton Wingen it's maker?
    What is the length of the blade? Looks like it might be shortened imo.

The dagger appears to be legitimate except the grip eagle appears to have been replaced with a silver plated type..and evidence around the bottom of the wreath shows something was there before. The grip may not belong...or just the eagle.

The tang nut does show that it has been opened. Im cautiously optimistic that the inscription is good..but would like to see closer pics of the etch..which i know may be impossible coming from an auction house...yet the producer logo exhibits the correct placement due to the inscription. I do see faint signs of acid etching.

Im not fond of the grip eagle nor the fact that this has been opened but yet the rest of it shows much promise.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

From what can be seen in the photos, I would tentatively say that it's 75% legitimate. The grip, as has been pointed out, has had some messing with for the grip eagle. When was it replaced? That would be anybody's guess, but I would tend to lean towards post-war, seeing as how the eagle was picked out of it by someone to denazify it. As for the blade's inscription, I'm not seeing anything immediately wrong with it. Like I said, 75% good all around. A valuable blade that could once have been a decent collectable but no doubt a returning Allied soldier saw fit to remove the offensive tiny swastika in the grip and thus significantly lowered the value of it. Still...if a correct eagle could be found and Carefully installed, it does have decent potential.

Abit unusual ,but not unheard of, that with the presentation inscription the recipient did not see fit to have his membership number added to the guard as so many did.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."