Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rohm Sa dagger by carl eichorn

Article about: i got thise sa dagger ,any thoughts about thise would be great . thanks in advance greetings , andreas

Default Rohm Sa dagger by carl eichorn

i got thise sa dagger ,any thoughts about thise would be great .
    thanks in advance

greetings ,
    andreas
    Rohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichornRohm Sa dagger by carl eichorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rohm Sa dagger by carl eichorn
    P
    Many

Hi Andreas ..this dagger has some issues and I will comment on it later on in front of a larger screen. Right off the bat ..I'm seeing varied period fittings and scabbard.

The inscription I will look into unless someone else can give their thoughts. I'm on my tablet presently.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The inscription appears to be somewhat shallow..but hard to judge by the amount of light in the photos.
    The photos do not enlarge .

You can see how deep the remaining etch of whats left of the signature is left after the grind job..and what Im seeing is the last part of the inscription word "schaft" appears to have been placed on top of the grind. I see no depth in the inscription because of the photo quality.

The "Herzlicher" text sends up some red flags and has been seen on repro blades being the fatter type.

For a Rohm SA..there are a few issues that do not make this a whole dagger. All it takes is one discrepancy and it doesnt necessarily have to be the blade to ruin ones faith in a highly prized and highly reproduced dagger.

The blade is a Ground Rohm..but due to the photo quality..the inscription appears to be less than what is expected of an Eickhorn Rohm.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Andreas Sorry to say but I think larry has right on this one. This is a parts dagger bild up with Early en late period parts, The Blade is indeed a ground rohm blade but they set up the Rohm text again. So far I can see on this small pics the motto,s on both side,s of the blade looks done by Laser, It seems too smooth.

Regards Rafael