Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger?

Article about: I posted some stuff my Dad brought home form Europe, but didn't have pictures of the SA Dagger he brought home till we found it moving my mom out of her house last week. I think it is a Rohm

Default SA Dagger?

I posted some stuff my Dad brought home form Europe, but didn't have pictures of the SA Dagger he brought home till we found it moving my mom out of her house last week. I think it is a Rohm Dagger, and ground down the blade is dull not sharpened at all- obviously for dress/show. It is in very good condition as compared to what I saw online for sale on gun brokers.

Would like an opinion on model/type and info and est value.

My old thread form 7-14-2012 has other items.

Identification on WWII veteren bring backs- German cross medal, sweat shirt Nazi logo, hat pin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger?   SA Dagger?  

SA Dagger?   SA Dagger?  

SA Dagger?   SA Dagger?  

SA Dagger?   SA Dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger?
    P
    Many

Here is my old thread from 7-14-2012 with pictures of other items. I know my Dad was stationed during the occupation for a year after the war. he served in the army Air Corps 321 Bomb group, bombardier on B26 Marauder. Story he told me he traded a soldier a couple of cartons of cigarettes for these items.

Identification on WWII veteren bring backs- German cross medal, sweat shirt Nazi logo, hat pin

Buy the item never the story 😎
    I don't think this is a ground rhome........ Wkc did not engrave them as far as I'm aware. There are a few mismatch bits on this dagger. The top Crossguard is plated with all the plating gone, as is the eagle, the sa button looks odd,and the bottom Crossguard is nickel, the hanger is a later one, ........ a strange one for sure. And we don't value items on here sorry 😢

Thanks John- any info is appreciated- maybe it was put together from some different parts towards end of war. I do know he brought it home in 1945/1946.

If he brought it home at the war's end, then he must have picked it up as one of the huge number of famous put-together parts daggers sold to Allied soldiers for souvenirs. This dagger, as said above, is a total assembly of odd parts and was never an issued piece to an SA man. As such, it's basically only good for a display piece or for parts. The value of it would be the total sum of it's individual parts.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I did research and heard this was the case- people putting together daggers as souvenirs. I do notice the fit of the blade into the scabbard is off kilter and very tight- like it was not custom made for this scabbard. Scabbard is in great shape though.

?

It being a parts dagger would only come into play if it was being sold. To me if my father brought it home from the war and now it is a family heirloom to pass down to the next generation, I would consider it priceless.
    Just my 2 centavos on the subject.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Totally agree Phil, just doing research but plan on keeping everything in the family and passing to his grandkids along with the story!

Jim

I would have to ask myself, though, just how much would I would cherish, say, a rare coin that my father brought home from Europe and I found out it was a cheap tourist made counterfeit fake....I think that it would considerably drop my sentimental value for it a wee bit...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Parts dagger totally....logo is bogus as they had only one type used for early SA daggers ( see below my example ) WKC remains open as far back as 1975..so this logo variant which is not early is postwar applied.

SA Dagger?

The thoughts of WKC producing Rohm daggers..John B is correct..they did not produce them...BUT...WKC did receive many Rohm daggers to be ground and refinished ..applying WKCs logo. The example seen above is a ground Rohm as it has a slightly rough finish to it..with a wave to the spine..and a millimeter difference on the blade spine thickness.

I would say its all original and not sure of the blade..unless I can see any tang markings..it would not hurt to take it down..as it had already been created to be something it is not or never happened to be. Post war GI put together as the Gents have said.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast